Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Legal Assistant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A distinguished, boutique law firm in Washington, DC is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant who will provide support to attorneys and staff, and who will support the firm’s general organizational operations based in the DC office. Duties will include document production for all Microsoft products, supporting and assisting the receptionist by answering phones; making travel arrangements, preparing binders for client meetings, conferences or presentations; performing marketing research; supporting billing; and other general administrative, receptionist and project-based work. The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, work well in a team environment, and project a professional image in verbal and written communications.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Creating, modifying and proofreading documents and correspondence.
- Creating and formatting tables, charts, presentations and other graphics.
- Conducting internet research on legal and government issues.
- Manage deadlines and ensure project steps are completed and progressed in a timely fashion.
- Review, combine and clean large data sets for completeness and accuracy.
- Import data into software.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy data files.
- Maintaining and updating firm’s website.
- Drafting of background papers for meetings, workshops and consultations.
- Greeting and directing office visitors, answering main office telephone system, responding to direct requests for information and/or forwarding messages to appropriate staff.
- Making travel arrangements.
- Maintaining and updating contact information in the firm’s database.
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail and coordinating outgoing mail.
- Scheduling conference rooms, coordinating logistics for meetings and seminars.
- Handling IT and phone issues to their resolution.
- Responding to attorneys’ request for assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications include:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage schedules and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand legal correspondence.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond orally to questions from employees and clients.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Independent judgment, flexibility and strong work ethic.
· At least two years of responsible administrative experience is preferred.
· Web design and HTML.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
This firm is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.80 - $40.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20006: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Washington, DC 20006