Work under the guidance of a government manager and help to plan and manage all elements of events for foreign government visitors coming to the US to meet with their US Government counterparts. Coordinate logistics, identify and reserve venues, set up venues, and arrange for catering. Work with team members to prepare briefing or other discussion and presentation materials. Provide onsite support during the events and associated meetings, which could entail anything from refilling water glasses, to taking discussion notes, to greeting visitors and escorting them in and out of the facility. This position may require providing support on some evenings and weekends, working a non-traditional schedule to meet client needs, and is 100% client-facing in Northern Virginia.
- Experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with event planning, management, or coordination
- Ability to interact with visitors at all levels in a professional and courteous manner and sensitivity to other cultures and traditions
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail, demonstrate a proactive approach to making things happen, and problem solve required
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to scheduling and other changes
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule occasionally, including some evenings and weekends, if needed
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph required
- BA or BS degree required
- Experience in working with high-level officials and executives
- Experience in planning and coordinating events with foreign visitors
- Knowledge of foreign cultures, traditions, etiquette, protocol, or languages
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.