Under the supervision of the SVP / Practice Leader, Discretionary Services, the associate will perform a variety of administrative and client service-related functions to facilitate the execution and implementation of investment decisions made by the Portfolio Management Committee (PMC) with the goal of achieving optimal investment performance for clients' Plans. The associate directly supports consultants and clients who subscribe to traditional consulting and Discretionary Services. This position is a union position and offers a terrific opportunity to gain broad exposure to and understanding of the consulting and investment management industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Discretionary Services team through proactive communication and timely completion of client related deliverables.
- Review and entry of client and portfolio management committee meeting notes.
- Identify and prioritize meeting action items.
- Assist with compliance functions including SEC custody audit and other required filings.
- Actively monitor new account set up process including attorney document review, maintaining contact with custodian with account updates, identify funding sources, timing of redemptions, among other tasks.
- Instruct and authorize custodian and/or investment managers on related transactions.
- Interface and coordinate with all teams, as necessary (including but not limited to Research, Global Portfolio Solutions, Legal, Compliance, Reporting, Corporate Governance, Finance).
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting, finance, business, or economics from a strong university program required.
- Previous related experience or internships.
- Familiarity with custody, investment consulting, investment management operations would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to meet frequent tight deadlines in a detailed oriented environment and a willingness to work overtime when required.
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Job Offer Disclaimer:
Be alert to scams involving offers of a job using our Company name. Please know that Segal does not extend an offer of employment unless you have interviewed in-person, at one of our offices, with authorized, current employees of the company and deemed qualified for the position. Further, offers of employment are extended only by an authorized, current Segal employee whom you will already know resulting from the interview process. Contact the Segal HR Representative responsible for this position if you have questions.
Segal Marco Advisors
Jun 13, 2018, 10:08:47 AM