The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the retail operation, consistently building sales and profits by taking an ownership mentality of the assigned location.
- Being passionate about the customer service and retail industry while inspiring, coaching, developing, empowering and holding accountable all team members to deliver an exceptional customer experience while developing and sustaining a profitable environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of customer service, retail presentation, and comprehensive internal and external image.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the retail operation, proactively helping in any area where it is needed.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring and ensuring effective orientation and training of the highest caliber candidates.
- Analyzing, recognizing, and proactively managing sales, margin, product inventory levels, cash and inventory, and purchase trends. Utilizing other reporting metrics to maximize bottom line profitability at store level.
- Ensuring the company marketing plans and procedures are executed at store level consistently.
- Executing the implementation of new program rollouts at store level.
- Maintaining consistently adequate inventory levels through effective ordering which supports driving sales and minimizing non-productive inventory.
- On a day to day basis, ensuring safety, health, food safety, and sanitation requirements/procedures are met in accordance with federal, state, local and company standards.
- Responsible for effective employee scheduling and payroll management to maximize daily sales while achieving company labor targets.
- Completing all required daily and monthly paperwork and required reporting.
- Responsible for achieving daily, weekly, and monthly sales and other performance goals consistently as set by the District Manager and upper management.
- Effectively communicating with all subordinates, peers, and all levels of upper management.
- Managing employee activities and assigned duties for proper execution and timely completion.
- Complete accurate and timely employee performance reviews.
- Investigating all inventory or cash shortages quickly and efficiently to resolve.
- Ensuring correct vendor procedures are being followed by all employees per company policy.
- Responsible to ensure all cash handling and inventory control procedures and policies are being followed by all employees and all employees are being cash audited monthly per company policy.
- Ensuring all company video and security procedures and policies are being followed at all times.
- Completing competition surveys monthly or as requested by upper management.
- Communicating and supporting the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Implementing and enforcing all company policies, rules and procedures.
- Being a steward in the community where the store location resides by participating quarterly in community service events with the district team.
- Ensure all employees follow all company, state, local and federal guidelines with regards to the sale of all alcohol, tobacco, lottery/lotto, and all other restrictive products.
- Resolve customer complaints and problems quickly and effectively.
- Responsible for executing at store level the fuel pricing strategy including timely and accurate fuel surveys and price changes.
- Responsible for completing self-maintenance items at store level.
- Assisting to ensure high level of employee morale and engagement through enhanced communication, role modeling, employee recognition, consistent feedback, along with direct accountability.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships with our vendor partners.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at the assigned location.
- A proactive business manager in all aspects of store operations to achieve company goals and be able to read, understand, and react to P&L and other analytical reports.
- Ensure positive employee relations at store level inclusive of resolving all employee problems and disputes in a timely manner. Reaching out for assistance and guidance from the District Manager and Human Resources representatives when necessary.
- Responsible for being a catalyst for change and embracing change within the organization as it occurs.QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
*High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a retail manager; convenience store experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work 50 hour’s weekly
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays
- Ability to bend, stretch, reach, locate, stack, and lift inventory weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must meet all requirements expected of an Enmarket Store Associate
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant management: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Hours per Week:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off