- Clinical Trials
- Physical Examinations
- Yearly Bonus
- Retirement Plan
Los Angeles Cancer Network, the premiere hematology/oncology specialty community practice in Southern California, is seeking Physician Assistant to work under the direct supervision of our Physicians in a busy, well-established and growing practice. Los Angeles Cancer Network operates 8 area clinics in Southern California, offering the community medical consultation, chemotherapy administration, in-office lab and prescription dispensing. The ideal candidate is a caring professional with interest in growing the community practice, continuing our tradition of quality, community-based cancer care, and accrue patients for clinical trials.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
- Work in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
- Write prescriptions for medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Determine eligibility of patients for entry into clinical trials based on findings.
- Relay appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Administer therapeutic measures and obtains specimens as prescribed.
- Initiate appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of the client.
- Document patient history, admissions, care plans, progress, and discharge notes.
- Interact with staff, management, and data managers for optimal patient care.
- Conduct hospital rounds and ensure appropriate and quality care for assigned patient.
- Provides on-call coverage.
- Perform patient triage and determine the urgency of physician’s evaluation.
- Provide symptom management for side effects related to oncologic treatment.
Qualifications and Skills
- License and current registration to practice in state.
- Graduate from a registered PA program.
- Master’s degree in nursing preferred.
- One full-time year of post-licensure clinical experience.
- 3-5 years experience in outpatient oncology or inpatient chemotherapy
- Privileges or eligibility to apply.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Yearly bonus incentives
- Health benefits
- 401K after 12 months continuous employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55.00 to $70.00 /hour
- oncology: 3 years (Required)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Required)