Position Title: Solution Architect – Advanced Analytics Cloud Solutions Architect
Location: US, IN, Columbus
Responsible for assessing, defining and championing the IT architecture strategies, principles, policies and standards in alignment with the IT strategy and governing their use; coordinates with project teams to create, document, assess and/or validate the application and infrastructure solution designs for specific systems.
* Responsible for the research, evaluation, and selection of application, technology, and infrastructure standards.
* Leads the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
* Creates project and technology roadmaps and define migration plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future state.
* Develops standards for the specific function or technology domain and defines design patterns and configurations that can be reused as building blocks for other solutions.
* Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to manage change and guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Maintains positive relationships with IT and business leaders to effectively promote and communicate IT architecture value proposition.
* Collaborates with IT stakeholders to apply IT strategy to architecture future state architecture and develops roadmaps to realize future state.
* Defines and ensures effective metrics to measure standards adoption, reuse, and demonstrate value.
* Cultivates strong relationships with industry experts; participates and may present at conferences and round tables.
* Performs complex cost/benefit analysis when researching future state capabilities.
* Coaches and mentors less senior Architects.
* Collaborates with project teams to understand requested capabilities and recommends the right set of technologies to meet the needs.
* Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations for new applications and systems.
* Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions.
* Advise software development teams on architecting and designing systems, interfaces and infrastructures that safely and efficiently power the cloud environment.
* Lead and deliver architecture views and strategy through architecture solution lifecycle deliverables.
* Deliver the solution architecture design on Cummins projects and programs.
* Support BUs by conveying industry trends on Cloud architecture and define technical solutions which meet the business requirement and deliver reference architecture as needed.
* Preparing and presenting potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition with appropriate tradeoffs.
* Work with enterprise architects, project teams, functional and technical analysts to design solution architecture that meets operational requirements and is scalable, easily maintained, secure and highly available.
* Leadership of a small (3-4 people) group of subsystem architects.
* College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
* Significant relevant experience required. 5-7 years of experience.
* Lifecycle Management: The management of an IT Asset or component from inception throughout its useful life. The Planning phase decides to Replace or add new, Re-engineer, Retire, or Retain/Maintain it.
* Solution Design: The activities involved in conceptualizing, defining, architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
* Appling Standards to Solutions: Able to apply industry and internal IT standards to solutions and to assess compliance of a solution against industry and internal IT standards.
* System Development Methodologies: Able to apply industry defined development techniques to create or modify IT solutions.
* Research: Able to conduct a process of steps used to collect and analyze information to increase our understanding of a topic or issue.
* Modeling: The ability to represent information following a defined standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a particular set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
* Relationship Management: Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships (e.g., vendor relationships); is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
* Influence: Applies different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines of reporting across a matrix organization.
* Decision Making: Considers the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
* 5-7 years applied experience developing and delivering Advanced Analytics Platform solutions with required demonstration of these technical skills:
o Design and build cloud service models including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS o Strong technical acumen - prior development experience is an asset o Architecting cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) solutions, delivery and brokerage services.
o Building and maintaining technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of Cloud services and technologies.
o Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Architecture – required o Strong understanding of cloud computing technology and infrastructure – required o Cloud security and compliance understanding – preferred o Business and financial understanding for cloud computing – preferred o Cloud Governance – required o Designing and migrating applications to the cloud – required o Integrating tools and services for all areas of cloud computing, such as data and networks – preferred o Enterprise architecture and business needs analysis - required
* Technical Skills - General Knowledge and Awareness of:
o J2EE and .Net
o Programming languages, such as Java, Node.js, PHP, R, Python, Ruby on Rails o Virtualization o Networking o Data and Integration Architecture o Data and Systems Integration o Mobile Application Architecture
Job Type: Contract