NWI Seattle is seeking a dynamic HR Generalist for its Ballard Area plant. NWI Seattle is one of the largest premier glass fabricators in the nation, with ten locations throughout the West. Since 1924, HGI has provided quality tempered and insulated products to glass, window, and door companies in the
Pacific Northwest. Our commitment is to grow by exceeding market expectations in quality and customer service.
The successful candidate for this position is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, likes challenges and can adapt quickly an ever-changing work environment. To fit our culture, the HR
Generalist must be a strong team player; be service oriented and responsive to all levels of the organization. The main goal of HGI is to improve the organization by developing talent and fostering a positive, team-oriented environment based on accountability and professionalism.
This HR Generalist role is an exempt level position that reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Responsibilities include all day-to-day HR functions for various levels of a 300+ employee non-union manufacturing environment.
Duties while under the direction of the HR manager will include and not be limited to:
· Interact and help develop and maintain daily employee relations and communications
· Recruitment and selection process administration
· Assist HR manager with HR policy and procedure administration
· Benefits administration for self-funded benefit plans which include 401k duties
· Safety programs (OSHA/DOT) to include Washington L&I claims management administration
· Leave administration to include administrative tracking and maintenance
· Compensation program administration
· Compliance issues and other related investigations
· Performance appraisal and disciplinary administration
· Training administration and overall talent management on various training topics
· Event planning and file maintenance
Qualifications (required or desired):
· Three to five years of generalist experience working in an HR capacity--preferably manufacturing and or operations experience highly preferred
· Knowledge of current benefit and/or employment law at the federal, state and local levels
(e.g. COBRA, HIPPA, FLSA , EEO, ADA, FMLA, Title VII, and other regulatory recordkeeping requirements)
· Experience in ADP (payroll) and other HR software programs. PC literate (spreadsheets, databases, word processing applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, etc.).
· Excellent communication and presentation skills—both written and verbal.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related area of study or equivalent work experience.
· PHR/SPHR highly preferred but not required.
NWI Seattle offers a full benefit package including medical/dental/vision/long term disability, 401(k) with an employer-funding match, vacation/holiday/sick pay benefits, and educational tuition reimbursement. Competitive salary based on education and/or experience. We are a drug-free work environment with pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
NWI Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift