This position executes, achieves and maintains the core functions of SAVOR...Chicago's distribution of water coolers and water jugs throughout the McCormick Place Convention Center and WINTRUST Arena.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize incoming deliveries of water coolers and jugs
- Distribute water coolers and jugs per BEO's (Banquet Event Orders)
- Deliver, set-up of Water Bar
- Communicate any maintenance concerns regarding water coolers to management
- Maintain storage area by ensuring coolers/jugs are properly placed on racks, shelves or pallets
- Fill requisitions, work orders, addendums, or request for product and distribute in a timely manner per work instructions.
- Verify quantities, record amount of water coolers and jugs received or distributed including shortages and damages.
- Maintain consistent communication regarding par levels with Department Director, Manager's and Supervisor's
- End of show duties to include but not limited to: return of water coolers to designated storage location; return of empty and partially used water jugs to designated areas for pick-up; maintain, clean and inventory water cooler equipment to prep for next delivery.
- Use proper and safe methods when operating all warehouse equipment, i.e. pallet jacks.
- Follow directions from Managers/Warehouse Lead
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential function
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Must speak, be able to read and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisor's and employees.
- Understand written and oral direction and communicate effectively with others.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work
- Ability to work closely with others
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment; sense of urgency
- Must have a pleasant personality and adhere to Uniform Standards policy
- Must be able to work various shifts and hours to include holidays and weekends
- Ability to take tasks that are not clearly defined and appropriately define problem, propose and implement solutions.
This position does not require computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Forklift License, Pallet Jack Certification (if required to transport)
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to Stand for minimum of:__5 hours___
- Must be able to Lift ___50___pounds
- Must be able to Push __50___pounds
- Ability to move heavy (100+ pounds) pallets/carts with product.