Responsible for maintaining building/grounds cleanliness in guest areas to include restrooms, trash cans, common areas, and parking lot as well as building closing routine.
- Maintains cleanliness of public areas, including mopping, sweeping, changing trash bins, and other miscellaneous cleaning duties as needed.
- Clean parking lots as well as the sidewalks that surround the Aquarium of Niagara.
- Cleans restrooms, wipe down/disinfect counter tops and other restroom fixtures and stocks restrooms as needed.
- Familiarize self with the Aquarium to provide accurate answers to guest questions.
- Performs crowd control tasks to open and close shows safely and efficiently.
- Completes opening and closing procedures in an efficient and timely manner.
- Clean fixtures, floors, mirrors, dispensers, changing tables, door handles, toilets, urinals and showers in restrooms/changing facilities, and restock paper products as necessary
- Empty trash and recycling receptacles as needed during hours of operation, and at the close of day move all trash to designated disposal areas
- Clean windows, doors, tanks and exhibits to remove finger prints, smudge marks, dust and dirt
- Dust, polish and clean display cases, shelves, walls, ceilings, counters and tables
- Lock, secure and arm building for overnight at end of shift
- Must have strong comprehensive and communication skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time (i.e. sunny wet, humid).
- Must be able to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be willing to comply with all grooming guidelines and employment standards.
The Aquarium of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time