B3 Group Inc, a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in health IT and PMO support for the federal government, is looking for an experienced Configuration/Release Manager to support an initiative within the Department of Veterans Affairs. The ideal candidate for the Configuration/Release Manager position will have experiences in the following areas: experience in management of configuration programs to ensure that all proposed and actual changes to program technology and documentation are properly staffed, approved, and tracked; experience with facilitating the change Notification process used for updating products; management of individual releases of software, hardware or other system components; experience in coordinating with QA, Development, packaging and hardware teams; and experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases.
In the Configuration Manager/Release Manager role, you will:
- Operate Release and Configuration Management efforts for mid-to-large scale IT based software solutions
- Maintain and update the implementation of the Configuration Management Services programs and standards to ensure consistency with VA enterprise guidelines and policies.
- Conduct periodic Configuration Management Services process and procedure reviews and audits and report the results.
- Identify the standard and unique aspects of configuration management to be performed for each project by establishing a Product Configuration Management Plan which meets plan requirements;
- Deliver a Recommended List of Configuration Items to be placed under configuration and change control. Identify types of configuration items pertaining to each product to be placed under configuration management. Based on requirements, and the unique needs or nature of each project, the Contractor shall determine the components within each project that must be under configuration control.
- Organize program deliverables using collaboration software and CM tools, such as, ServiceNow, Microsoft Team Foundation Tools, Rational, etc.
- Use Rational Team Concert as the VA approved tool and repository for all software source code and electronic artifact configuration and version management to manage change, activity, issue, action, risk, and other project data as prescribed by VA standards and processes.
- Own the Release Management lifecycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise.
- Lead and work closely with Release Engineers and Test Engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
Bachelors’ Degree required in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required, OR 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
At least 5-10 years of configuration and release management experience, preferably in a government or federal environment.
Candidate must have significant experience configuring and maintaining Linux based systems in a cloud environment. Strong networking and security experience is a must.
Experience with Git, Rational, TFS, and SharePoint, and configuration management databases.
Understanding of release management and organizing non-production, and production deployments
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project); Proficiency knowledge of computer systems, databases and SharePoint.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud experience. AWS certifications preferred. Working knowledge of ITIL and CMMI.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including technical documentation skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work collaboratively in dynamic team environment.
Proven track record in demanding, customer service-oriented environment.
Ability to communicate clearly with all levels within an organization.
Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem-solving skills.
Staying abreast of new and developing technologies is a requirement of this position.
Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
Demonstrated experience in the use Scrum and Agile methodology/processes.
Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
You like to make your client look good.
You find solutions, where others only see problems.
You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
Paid Federal Holidays
Annual Leave/Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
401(k) plan with contribution match
Continuing education assistance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Referral Program
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Short (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
About B3 Group, Inc.
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes.
Established in 2008 and headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.