Under the direction of the Administrative Manager - Processing, the Admissions Assistant is responsible for all aspects of admissions application file processing, including management of applicant data and documents, in support of the Office of Admissions enrollment goals. The Admissions Assistant works in multiple databases and systems to accurately and efficiently achieve processing goals within established deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Application File Management 80%
Database Management 15%:
- Processes admissions applications from submission through permanent file creation, using a variety of databases and systems. Maintains a high level working knowledge of procedures and systems.
- Creates and manages the application file using multiple databases and systems.
- Provides information and guidance to students and staff regarding admission policies and procedures.
- Maintain data quality to meet AACRAO guidelines, FERPA regulations and Regis University standards and policies.
- Develop and maintains admissions related files and forms, which include confidential information.
- Communicates with staff and applicants regarding application file requirements and status.
- Maintains and updates training manuals with latest revisions.
Other Duties as Assigned 5%:
- Creates and maintains accurate applicant data, adhering to Regis University and the Office of Admissions data and documents standards, policies, and procedures using Recruiter ( CRM ), ImageNow, and Colleague ( SIS ).
Two years of experience in a busy office environment.
Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Prior work in a university setting.
Experience with a student information system ( SIS ).
Experience with a customer relationship management system ( CRM ).
Experience with a document imaging system.
Regis University, inspired by its Jesuit Catholic heritage, has been committed to academic excellence, personal development and community engagement since its founding in 1877. Regis provides values-based education at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Its motto, “Men and Women in Service of Others,” describes the purpose of Jesuit education: to form men and women who use their knowledge in the unselfish service of others. Regis is composed of five colleges: the College of Contemporary Liberal Studies, Regis College, College of Computer & Information Sciences, College of Business & Economics, and Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, which includes the schools of pharmacy, physical therapy and nursing.
Beyond its historic campus in Northwest Denver, there are Regis campuses in Thornton, the Denver Tech Center and in Colorado Springs. Regis currently serves about 10,000 students in online and campus environments and has been ranked as a top school in the Western Region for 20 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report.
UA EEO Statement:
This statement is intended to indicate clearly that the University is morally committed to the principles of nondiscrimination - that we want to do this rather than just have to by law.
“In accordance with its Jesuit Catholic mission, Regis University is committed to maintaining a humane atmosphere in which the civil rights of every individual are recognized and respected. Regis University does not unlawfully discriminate in either the provision of educational services or in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Within this context, Regis University does reserve the right to give employment preference to persons who demonstrate by word and practice a commitment to the University’s mission and educational goals.”
Open Until Filled:
(Positions may remain open until we have an adequate applicant pool or the close date listed, whichever occurs first. Please consider applying for positions as soon as possible)
Special Instructions to Applicants: