YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist related to order entry and dispensing or filling prescriptions, as allowed by state and federal regulations.
What We Offer
- $21-$25/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Enters patient data in the system including patient name, insurance, allergies, doctor and diagnosis. Enters the prescription in the system, selecting the brand, product/drug, and appropriate strength to align with the instructions given by the prescribing Provider.
- Fills or dispenses the product from the pharmacy stock and delivers to patient.
- Processes prescription refills verifying refill availability.
- Maintains awareness of stock level and enters order for restocking based on defined minimum inventory levels. Verifies quantity and submits order to the Wholesaler.
- Verifies product orders received with invoice and purchase order. Places a sticker on each item and places on the shelf.
- Monitors and checks expiration dates on drugs in stock and prepares expired stock for return to Wholesaler. Processes credit invoices associated with the returns.
- Returns or discards dispensed prescription to stock if not picked up by patient in 30 days. Enters information in the system for reverse billing.
- Completes third party billing form and contacts Provider if prior authorization is required.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year's experience working in a pharmacy setting is preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Alternatively, may have an active Pharmacy Intern License in Oregon State.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Effective verbal and listening communication skills with a customer-oriented approach. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning and copying. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to organize work while performing multiple tasks requiring attention to detail. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office preferred. Basic knowledge of a minimum of one pharmacy software system and ability to learn new systems.
- Drug testing: This position requires testing for controlled substances before employment and you will also be subject to further testing throughout employment.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.