Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that sells hyper-converged infrastructure appliances and software-defined storage. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
Nutanix Services and Customer Solutions (S&CS) primary goal is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, delivers migrations, hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
The Cloud Consulting Architect will work under the Services team to create service offerings to enable our customers to deploy automation and orchestration solutions provision to multiple cloud end points (e.g. Nutanix, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc). He or she will work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and reliable solutions for clients and partners.
- Billable Project work 70% of time
- Work with Nutanix customers to understand business goals and translate them into cloud automation and orchestration solutions
- Evangelize Nutanix’s vision for a multi-cloud world and offer hands on experience delivering these outcomes for our customers
- Run customer facing workshops to develop the Cloud requirements and design and document these for customer review and approval
Design service catalogs for Self-Service Provisioning (SSP) leveraging the Nutanix Calm Automation and Orchestration platform to provisioning and manage mode 2 applications delivered to both private cloud and public cloud end-points
Nutanix Calm experience not required and can be learned on the job)
- Design services that leverage cloud native architectures, microservices like Docker and Kubernetes, as well as IaaS and PaaS architectures
- Develop detailed blueprint specifications that developers will use to write code and develop the automation components. Integration with 3rd party software products like (Infoblox, Active Directory, Service Now, etc) via RESTAPI is integral to this work.
- Work collaboratively in a scrum agile team leveraging a variety of DevOps tools (e.g. Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, etc) as part of the CD/CI pipeline
- Work with software development teams at a hands-on level to design and write code
- Develop and test end-to-end blueprint incorporating all developer code to deliver the desired outcome
- Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers
- Up to 70% of travel
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Excellent architecture expertise with in-depth understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- Ability to whiteboard solutions interactively with customers and develop robust architectural documentation
- High comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration application stacks and frameworks (e.g. Terraforms, Lambda, Azure Pack, Azure Stack, OpenStack, Cloud Stack, VMware vCO, or Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator)
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience developing scalable cloud microservices using container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesosphere
- Understanding of architecture and use cases for configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and SALT Stack
- Leverage DevOps tools like GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, Artifactory, Zephyr, etc. to deliver automation and promote a DevOps culture
- Experience with building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available, fault-tolerant, multi-tier applications running on both Windows and Linux
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of detail
- Understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Experience in network virtualization technologies (e.g. NSX or ACI)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems