The Jewelry Ringer is responsible providing excellent customer service when performing functions related to the POS system and other operational tasks as necessary. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary. When not assisting customers, this associate is responsible for the operational aspects of running the department including but not limited to processing new receipts, merchandising the floor, filling in the floor, taking markdowns, signing and setting sales, doing RTVs, BOPS and Fulfillment orders.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Be proficient in POS systems including Search and Send.
- Proactive in assisting Jewelry customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approached.
- Handle Jewelry returns courteously and professionally and suggest merchandise to convert the return into a sale.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and engage the customer.
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience.
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible.
- Maintain register bay supply levels and alert supervisor when supplies need reordered.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including returns.
- Assist in replenishment of stock and replenishment on to the sales floor.
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping.
- Process damages, transfers, and return to vendor merchandise.
- Assist with the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets.
- Assist in inventory and markdown processes.
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as necessary, including but not limited to watch sizing and ear piercing.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Prior experience in Jewelry preferred.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work quickly and effectively to process large volumes of merchandise. • Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.