Photographer/Videographer III (FHA-MCS-19-0449-W):
Bowhead is seeking a Photographer/Videographer Specialist to join our Department of Transportation Team at McLean, VA. The Photographer / Videographer will support baseline and mission visual information services including Photography, Visual Information Multimedia Production, Visual Information Broadcast, Graphic Art Services, Audio/Video Multimedia Equipment Support, Interactive Multimedia Content development, Animation/3D Motion Graphics, and Video Editing.
Essential functions of the Photographer/Videographer include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all video production tasks to support the digital editing system, including but not limited to logging video footage, computer system administration, data and video archival storage, video digitizing, software updating and tape labeling.
- Creates and prepares photographic images and video clips, cut-in graphics to display in a variety of published mediums.
- Adds still images, stock footage, and provide titles, test, sound and voice over when these features are needed to tell the story.
- Views subject and setting and plans composition, camera position, and camera angle to produce desired effect.
- Selects and assembles equipment according to subject material, anticipated conditions, and knowledge of function of various types of cameras, lenses, films, and accessories.
- Produces a wide range of high-quality digital products including but not limited to CD, DVD videos, quick-time digital movies, and digital data files for multimedia use.
- Using a digital editing system to digitize video footage, edit photographs and video for web use, create titles and special effects, add digital graphics and pictures, edit or add voice-over, sound effects and background music.
- Analyzes and plans information technology systems, which will provide system capabilities required for projected workloads and plans layout and installation of new system or modification of existing systems.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as this profession works under limited supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
Requirements • Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Digital Photography and Video, Multimedia Production, Animation/3D Motion Graphics, Video Editing.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Requires expert-level competency in file formats from the various camera systems and must continue to keep pace with advancements in technology during the term of the contract.
- Requires technical knowledge of digital equipment and editing software (Adobe).
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
A public trust clearance is required for this position. US Citizenship is a requirement at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.