Provide training units with a simulation environment utilizing software/hardware at the III Corps Mission Support Complex; typically reports to the III Corps Mission Support lead, but must be capable of independently serving as a site lead as required. Performs other duties as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Build, maintain, configure, update (Internetwork Operating System (IOS) and patches), apply Information Assurance Vulnerability Managements (IAVMS) and STIGs on the switches, routers, firewalls and Call Managers. Update RMF network documentation. Perform other RMF duties. Configure and load keys in encryption devices. Troubleshoot and invoke warranties for network devices. Assist with TOC Pad power hookup and distribution of exercise phones. Run vulnerability scans on Network Devices. Scan peripherals for viruses.
- Build, maintain, configure, update (Internetwork Operating System (IOS) and Patches
- Apply information Assurance Vulnerability Managements (IAVMS) and STIGS on switches, router, firewalls and Call Managers
- Update RMF network documentation
- Perform other RMF duties
- Configure and load keys in encryption devices
- Troubleshoot and invoke warranties for network devices
- Assist with TOC Pad power hookup and distribution of exercise phones
- Run Vulnerability scans on Network Devices
- Scan peripherals for viruses
- Shall be proficient with current and future versions of simulation operating software and hardware fielded to the III Corps Mission Support Complex.
- Experience in the Solarwinds Active Directory and Domain Controller
- Military leadership experience at platoon or higher level.
- Must be able to hold or obtain Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Familiar with the basic operation of Mission Command Information Systems (MCIS).
- Familiar with current military regulations, policies and standards.
- Possesses the ability to work multiple projects /tasks; interface with US military personnel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- US Government Security Clearance required.
- Obtain certification for all Operating Systems supported
- Must be a disciplined worker capable of meeting short suspense.
- Must be able to support shifts that occur outside normal working hours to support 24/7 operations during exercise events that may be in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Security+ certified at time of hire.
- Experience in the configuration and operation of JLCCTC MRF and ERF hardware & software.
- Certification in Linux OS such as ComTIA Linux+, Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator or Redhat Certified Systems Administrator is a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification in Windows 10 and/or Server 2012 is a plus.
- Network + and/or A+ certified
- Experience and knowledge of Alaska Native cultures
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
Physical Demands (Note:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.)
The employee is regularly required to talk, including the ability to pass on information via the telephone, and verbally communicate with clients, staff and other employees, hear and see in order to perform his or her duties in a safe manner, including occasionally driving. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs., walk, bend, push, pull and stand is needed to perform all requirements of this position. Typically will have full dexterity of limbs to feel, reach, sit, kneel, stand, crawl or climb on small stepladders not to exceed 10 feet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The work environment can vary from office/warehouse environment to field work outdoors depending on the mission and support required. Field work outdoors will be conducted under various weather conditions.