The mission of MassHealth is to improve the health outcomes of our diverse members, their families and their communities by providing access to integrated health care services that sustainably promote health, well-being, independence and quality of life.
This position, along with the others at the Electronic Document Management Center (EDMC), will be responsible for sorting the mail, prepping all incoming documents, scanning into the Captiva system and indexing the mail and efax/mfd to the proper envelope category. This position will access all data entry points to provide a timely response to all member correspondence with regard to eligibility determinations.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Index, or categorize, various documents used to determine an applicant’s eligibility.
- Scan documents into the Electronic Document Management System.
- Search and recover information from various automated systems in order to respond to inquiries or requests.
- Check for discrepancies between source documents keyed data.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, messages, packages, etc.
- Enter data onto automated logs and spreadsheets.
- Operate standard office equipment, scanners and PC’s.
- Review forms, applications, documents, correspondence for accuracy and completeness.
- Compile data for reports.
- Maintain and update activity logs that control daily assignments and workflow.
- Perform other related duties.
Based on assignment, possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator’s license or the equivalent from another state may be required.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants".
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions, please the contact the CYF Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or (B) and equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience. *
II. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience. *
III. A diploma for completion of a one year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum or one year of the required experience. *
IV. A diploma for completion of a two-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for two years of the required experience.*
- Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.