Ivie & Associates is a full-service marketing solutions company that works with many of the world’s top customer service organizations. In short, we know marketing and advertising, and we’re comfortable remaining behind the scenes, working hand-in-hand with our clients with a can-do attitude to help them achieve their marketing goals. Acting as an extension of the client, we define our successes by their success, and we measure our accomplishments by their satisfaction. When you work with Ivie & Associates, you work with some of the biggest retailers in the U.S. and the world.
The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for Ivie and Associates’ main line of business.
This position assists project teams with technical issues in the initiation, planning and implementation phases with multiple departments, clients and vendors. The Windows Systems Administrator will be involved in the continued implementation, rollout, maintenance, and support of all corporate software and servers and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and enabling staff. The ideal candidate is a strong technology professional with experience in a variety of environments for server and application administration for all development, testing, and production systems.
Ivie & Associates expects that the Windows System Administrator will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by Ivie & Associates, and will contribute his or her utmost to assist Ivie & Associates in achieving its stated goals. Ivie & Associates, Inc. expects that all employees, including the Windows Systems Administrator, to fully support Ivie’s position/relationship with its Clients.
The Windows System Administrator is expected to:
- Analyze, consult and manage all software and server setup, configuration and maintenance of the internal infrastructure.
- Critically think to solve unique problems/requests.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Develop, maintain installation and configuration procedures through the change management process.
- Participates in internal and client project planning for business systems and is relied upon to research and develop solutions/suggestions.
- Interface with hardware/software vendors to provide guidance on design and usability.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Diagnose, test and resolve server related issues and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing and train users on new functions and features along with documentation as necessary.
- Perform regular server and application monitoring to prevent production down time.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users as necessary.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Provide support per request from all internal and external clients. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- The Windows System Administrator will ensure that all systems adhere to Corporate Information Technology policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for writing technical documentation for internal and external use.
- Practice software licensing compliance standards and keep up with the latest changes in the industry.
- Work with users in understanding problems/requests and suggest procedural solutions working through Operations.
- Perform rigorous testing of patches or new version of software or hardware prior to implementation.
- Maintain Windows Server platforms efficiency and ensure system design allows all components to work properly together.
*The Windows System Administrator is also expected to protect the confidential information that is part of the job functions and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all users and groups are following security policies and best practice.
- Perform after hour support when necessary.
- Manage all assets and passwords using asset tracking and monitoring software.
- Keep detailed logs of user support issues and time.
- Daily communications with direct report.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and security issues and required course attendance a few times a year.
- Other tasks as assigned by the IT Support Supervisor.
Education & Experience
System Skills Required
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Ability to speak read and write in the English language.
- 4 years of job-related experience. MCSA and CompTIA Server+ certifications a plus.
- Strong technical skills across multiple disciplines including Active Directory, Backup Exec, Windows Server platforms, Microsoft SQL, File Server Administration, SAN Technologies, and patch management in a Virtualized environment.
- Has excellent project management skills to build and execute project plans for system upgrades, patches, rollouts, etc.
- Competence in replication, user/group administration, LDAP, IIS, DFS, DNS, DHCP and troubleshooting system health in a Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 environment.
- Working knowledge of Dell Compellent and EMC Storage Technologies (NAS/SAN).
- Experience implementing and supporting multiple virtualized environments (VMware ESX, Hyper-V, KVM OpenStack).
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory administration and Group Policy management in a Windows Server environment.
- Create and modify scripts (PowerShell, etc.) as needed for supporting, monitoring and maintaining applications and environment.
- Must be able to work in a mixed platform environment and support users on Linux, PC, MAC and mobile platforms.
- Perform in-depth problem solving, troubleshooting, and conduct root cause analysis of problems and issues impacting the applications and/or their environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Strong technical skills in Windows system security, server optimization and hardening.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and collate relevant data.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics
- Occasional travel between main and remote Office locations may be required.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.