With more than 80 years in business and 16 offices (and growing!), Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions to customers across the US. We bring a collaborative, relationship-driven approach to delivering spaces where people thrive and businesses succeed. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. At Ryan, we don’t just build buildings – we build stories.
Ryan Companies is looking for an organized, innovative, collaborative and forward-thinking individual who aims for the highest standards of excellence for our (temporary) Sr. Design Project Manager - Industrial role in downtown Chicago. This person will be able to support the Director in setting the direction and providing thought leadership for Ryan A+E, the Sector and the Division. This will include facilitating projects nationally, collaborating with the A+E Sector Leaders, Development and Construction.
The person in this role will:
- jointly manage and mentor staff.
- coordinating key clients with Development and Construction, including business development, and proposal response efforts.
- ongoing management of key clients and ensuring follow through in document execution.
- developing and maintaining relationships with the local design community including AIA, IIDA, ULI, ASLA, Educational Institutions, Professional organizations, etc.
- identifying award opportunities and managing submittal process
- supporting Sector Director’s yearly profit expectations in collaboration with Region Leaders and managing and monitoring monthly sector financial reports
- supports sector initiatives in conjunction with Director, A+E Leadership, Region and Division
- participates in leadership meetings, department meetings and quarterly owner meetings
Regional responsibility includes partnering with various leaders in leading design, setting visions, maintaining relationships, and leading growth.
Regarding Project Delivery, in collaboration with Sector Director, key partners and team members, you will ensure that each project has an effective project delivery approach by selecting internal staff, contract negotiation and workload; proper approvals are in place for design phases, and internal reviews occur.
To be considered, you must have:
a professional Architecture degree;
Bachelors of Architecture or Master of Architecture required,
10+ years of experience in food distribution and/or food manufacturing is required;
Relevant professional work experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects, including complex projects over $50M
Excellent track record of managing several teams and clients at one time
If you want to stand out, you'll have excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, understanding of development, construction, design, workload and resource management, a proven ability to collaborate with a diverse team, strong knowledge of Excel, Procore, Deltek and other project management software preferred. Blue Beam knowledge highly recommended. LEED AP, WELL Accredited Professional and/or PMP Certification preferred
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Ryan Companies does not sponsor foreign workers for non-immigrant visas or employment-based green cards unless the position is on our executive leadership team.
- Benefits are provided based on employment eligibility requirements. Specific benefit details provided in Ryan’s employee handbook.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Retirement and Savings Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Ryan Foundation – charitable matching funds
Paid Time for Volunteer Events
Ryan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ryan does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.