Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Garage Attendant will create a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients. This Garage Attendant will greet the public in a manner consistent with the LAZ Way, serving as a representative displaying; honesty, integrity, accountability, teamwork, and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Greet by/use name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Complete all required paperwork and reports accurately and efficiently to account for any and all collected parking revenues.
- Assist customers in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office; help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Accept monthly and debit payments and process credit cards.
- Keep parking location clean – sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Maintain and repair any malfunctioning parking equipment to ensure appropriate access to customers.
Be in correct LAZ Parking uniform, on time, and ready to work when scheduled.
Work with and without supervision and follow directions of supervisors when requests are made.
Inform all people loitering to move off property or call non-emergency number for police support.
Make sure the location is safe and take care of any potential hazardous conditions
Other related duties as assigned.
Strong customer service skills and abilities.
Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
Ability to work independently and multi-task.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization and outside customers and clientele.
Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
Standing and walking for long periods of time (95 to 100% of the time)
Lifting and moving parking equipment
Sweeping and changing signage when needed.
No sitting is allowed unless on break and off property.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.