Cardiac Nurse Practitioner- Part-Time Position
Internal Medicine Office Practice seeking experienced NP. Established Primary Care medical office is looking for a part time, Cardiac Nurse Practitioner who can deliver primary medical care to a wide variety of patients. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for caring for patients, maintaining accurate and current patient records and scheduling and administering follow-up appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our nurses and physicians and will assist in delivering premium care to our patient group.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform patient physicals
- Provides medical services to clients.
- Provides patient counseling services.
- Performs and documents health appraisals on clinic patients, including history, physical assessment and developmental evaluation as indicated, also orders laboratory work and/or x-rays as indicated for patient assessment, and identifies findings which require consultation and referral.
- Manages common acute problems in accordance with standardized procedures, and collaborates with physician in management of more complex or chronic problems.
- Assesses problems/needs when patients telephone between clinic visits, arranges for appropriate follow-up on referral, consults with physician when indicated, and re-orders patients medication according to physician orders.
- Reviews clinic patients laboratory work and notifies clinic nurses of abnormal findings or consults directly with Physicians.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies, and physicians, refers patient to outside resources as indicated.
- Graduation from an accredited Baccalaureate school of nursing.
- Completed training in the diagnosis and management of common as well as some complex medical conditions.
- Valid nurse practitioner license in CA
- Certification as an Adult/Family/Pediatric/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Previous experience with computer based systems required; Electronic Medical records experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with CMS coding criteria
For consideration please submit your cover letter and resume.
Please indicate Cardiac Nurse Practitioner in the subject line.
~Equal Opportunity Employer~
Job Type: Part-time
- EMR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Patient Assessment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)