Director of Manufacturing and Production
Vice President of Employment and Community supports
Projects Drive Group
M-F 7:30 -4:30 Flexible
Director performs a wide variety tasks which are broad in scope, and involve many complex and significant variables. Director works according to standard agency policies and procedures and standard practices of the profession, exercising considerable independent judgment to supervise and direct assigned personnel, implement programs efficiently with limited resources and solve problems. Director makes a substantial contribution to agency's mission by developing and supervising services while ensuring compliance with state, federal and agency rules and regulations. Director works with minimum supervision, referring to supervisor unusual or unprecedented situations, such as questions regarding budget or programs. Director determines own priorities and schedule, with work reviewed for soundness of judgment and appropriate supervision or direction of assigned operations. Director maintains frequent contact with other agency personnel, government officials, other service providers and the public for the purpose of exchanging information, maintaining coordination and solving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain compliance with all regulatory bodies.
- Ensure all production and training complies with BDDS/Medicaid Waiver regulations, CARF standards, Department of Wage and Hour regulations and with Easter Seals Arc policies and EEO/AA guidelines.
- Works with designated Vice President to ensure that program goals and objectives are met and service delivery is provided in a manner consistent with all funding objectives.
2. Develop a workforce that fosters working through a continuum of services.
- Supervises assigned staff in accordance with Easter Seals Arc HR policies, AA, and all other employment laws
- Works in conjunction with senior staff members to develop long and short range planning, policies, programs, and objectives
3. Manage and generate agency resources consciously and responsibly.
- Ensure facilities compliance to quality and safety standards.
- Develops and implements the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company standards.
- Budget and forecast sales and monitor actual results vs. goal for targeted accounts
- Works with the production team to manage client programs and directs production operation, shipping and receiving.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Have a good working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Ensures inventory control through the timely ordering of materials ensuring the best price availability while monitoring the accuracy of inventory levels. Oversees all shipping and receiving operations. Oversees the accuracy and timely completion of the yearly physical inventory.
- Establishes and implements department balanced scorecard goals and assists department in meeting the department’s goals for assigned department.
4. Build community relationships and awareness through innovation and quality improvement.
- Actively seeks business relationships and opportunities with potential and existing business partners in support of the strategic plan.
- Evaluate, validate and recommend new business opportunities. Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo. Develop bid quotations.
5. Ensure services provided are individualized.
6. Manages the day to day operations of transportation services including establishing routes that best fit the client’s needs as well as budgetary constraints. Supervises the transportation drivers and ensures routes are covered and efficient.
7. Implements work and perform all duties outlined as well as other duties assigned.
- At least 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of manufacturing experience required
- 3-5 years of experience working with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities preferred
- At least 2 years experience in supervisory role required
- Demonstrated record of leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and analyze income statements and other reports to manage daily operations
- Experience managing Medicaid Waiver programs, ICF/MR or Vocational Rehabilitation preferred.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks, A valid driver’s license & insured vehicle
- Ability and willingness to support individuals with challenging behavior and/or medical concerns
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Medication Administration and Positive Behavioral Support Training and other trainings as deemed necessary by the agency
Director performs duties in a standard office environment and on the production floor. Director works with minimum supervision, both alone and with others in a team environment. Director frequently works on several tasks at the same time, often under time pressure. Director occasionally works extended hours, weekends and/or evenings, and occasionally travels out of town, sometimes overnight.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT- Work may require moderate to heavy lifting up to 75lbs while working with clients. Incumbent may work with violent/physically aggressive participants and responds to emergency situations involving potential physical harm to self and others.