Stake Center Locating is recruiting experienced Locate Technicians to complete our team in this market. If you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company, now is the time to apply!
We offer Paid Training!!!
Position will have responsibility for using mechanical/technical equipment to accurately locate underground facilities, but not limited to, telephone lines, electrical power lines, cable television lines, gas lines, fiber optic lines, water lines, and sewer lines.
The Locate Technician position requirements include the ability for an individual to drive local roads, work outdoors and to operator independently. Instructor led training is required to receive locator certification.
The Locator will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Ability to use company provided locate equipment and technology to accurately locate underground utilities.
- Ability to read maps and blueprints.
- Determine efficient route to each locate rural and urban areas.
- Ability to work in all types of terrain.
- Use laptop computer to receive, document and email.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Ability to communicate / interact daily with managers, crews, and homeowners to discuss locate issues.
- Remove and replace manhole lids.
- Attend and pass instructor lead training to obtain locator certification.
- Interpret job order tickets.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Clean background check for access to restricted and/or controlled areas.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to pass random drug screens and to remain drug free.
- NULCA certification. (National Utility Locating Contractors Association).
- OQ certification for gas locators. (Operator Qualification).
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to look beyond the standard solutions
- Successfully complete company provided Locate Technician training program and pass all required testing
- Requires the availability for call out, including some mandatory overtime.
- May require weekend and holiday work when necessary.*
- Comprehensive understanding of underground utility construction and placement required.
- May need to lift up to 75 pounds to remove manhole lids
- Some travel maybe required including overnight stays and out of town assignments and or training.
- Must be able to operate a computer to document and close tickets
- Requires up to 5 miles a day walking at least 2 to 3 times a week
- Must be able to work alone and independently
- Ability to walk all types of terrain (grass, ditches, wooded areas, gravel, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds in a physical environment
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time up and exceeding 60 minutes
- Regular exposure to factors such as temperatures extremes and variety of terrains
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Utility Locating: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off