As an Industrial Designer at UBTECH North America Research and Development Center (UBTECH NARDC), you will work closely with our product managers and engineering team members to develop the concepts and create styles for our next-generation service robotic products. This role reports to the head of the Department of Hardware and Design.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Own the Industrial Design of a series of Service Robots for the Healthcare Industry.
- Work with R&D teams to research potential customers and determine the characteristics/features of our new robot products.
- Work with Product Managers to develop business plans to market new product concepts/designs to potential customers.
- Sketch out ideas based on outputs from design brainstorming sessions. Create rendering in ID software and develop 3D models to illustrate these ideas.
- Build the prototypes of various designs to help customers visualize the design concepts.
- Present the ID renderings or demonstrate the prototypes to stake holders including internal R&D team leaders, external customers/client to collect feedbacks and improve the designs though iterations.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to develop an appealing design that also meets manufacturing requirements for mass product at a reasonable cost.
- Evaluate and validate the design with the R&D team to ensure that the branding, safety, usability, ergonomics, and aesthetics of products are thoughtfully considered and executed.
- Track the state-of-the-art ID designs of frontier Service Robots, develop and maintain our unique style. Attend trade shows and exhibitions to present our products.
- Domestic and international travels required for internal or external meetings, conferences, and partner discussions.
- Other duties may be required from time to time.
- Advanced degree in Industrial Design, Architecture or Industrial Engineering, System Engineering and related fields.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Proficient in one or several major ID software, including Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Alias, Siemens NX, AutoCAD or Rhino with hands-on skills.
- Experience in SolidWorks and 3D Printing for rapid prototyping.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated, analytical and artistic. Passionate about the robotics and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Willing to work at different working locations when necessary.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- 3 or more years of industrial design experience with an enriched portfolio with examples of the best design projects.
- Industrial designer with knowledge of strategic planning, marketing, branding, manufacturing and project management. MBA preferred.
- Passionate about combining art and engineering. Incorporating usability and aesthetics to implement innovative ideas and concepts in UBTECH’s products.
- Customer focus and engagement with solid skills of strategical yet creative thinking, business acumen, and excellent execution to meet product design requirements and deadlines.
- Work both independently, with other team members, and lead ID design efforts in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
UBTECH is a global leading AI and humanoid robotics company and the world’s most valuable AI and Robotics Start-up. At UBTECH, we conduct fundamental research, applied research, and innovative engineering to create various robotic products, which have been significantly impacting the global market and changing the world. As the leader in the intelligent service robot industry, we are the only company, which successfully commercialized humanoid robotic products for consumers, in the world.
Our mission is to bring a robot into every home, and truly integrate intelligent robots into the daily lives of everyone creating a more intelligent way of life.
The UBTECH North America Research and Development Center is the key business unit and R&D center of defining and creating the next-generation robotic products. We push the boundary of R&D of service robot industry and create game-changing robotic products which fundamentally influence the human and robot society.
Locations: Greater Los Angeles Area, CA.
- product design
- graphic design
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Design: 3 years (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)