Registered Nurse (RN), Psychiatric Services(Job Number:
United States-Virginia-Low Moor-LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
Nursing - Professional
The LewisGale Hospital - Alleghany is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their team!
For more than a century, LewisGale Hospital Alleghany has delivered high-quality healthcare to residents of Southwest Virginia, the Alleghany Highlands, West Virginia and Rockbridge County. We specialize in cardiac rehab, orthopedics, physical therapy, surgical services and mental health and behavioral health services—particularly the Senior Transitions Program available at our stand-alone geriatric psychiatry unit in our beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain setting.
Our facility has received the Cheers Award for Medication Safety from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices. Also, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rank LewisGale Hospital Alleghany among the top hospitals in the nation. Please join our facility today in order to help make a difference.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse:
- -Demonstrates accountability for essential clinical knowledge to positively affect patient outcomes within the scope of nursing practice while assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating care.
- -Demonstrates strong and accurate clinical judgment and competent or expert nursing skills while following established policies including those related to confidentiality (written, verbal, electronic and digital).
- -Documents effectively, succinctly, and timely according to organizational policy.
- -Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
- -Follows LGHA process for dispensing of medications and narcotic control and employs clinical judgment related to medication administration.
- -Delegates only those tasks for which she or he believes the other health team member has the knowledge and skill to perform, taking into consideration training, cultural competence, experience, and facility/agency policies and procedures. Follows The Five Rights Of Delegation:
- Right task
- Right circumstances
- Right person
- Right directions and communication
- Right supervision and evaluation
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Current Registered Nurse License in this state
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”