Route Delivery Driver
This is an exciting opportunity with an expanding company in Kansas. Standard Beverage is a family-owned spirits, wine, and beer distributor with major offices in Wichita, Lawrence, and Lenexa, Kansas. We employ more than 400 dedicated people and provide the most diverse portfolio of the industry’s top brands. Standard Beverage has been delivering world class service to customers throughout the state of Kansas since 1949 and has since become the largest Kansas-owned alcohol distributor. Our mission is very simple: to provide the best possible service to both our customers and supplier partners, while also providing an excellent working environment for our team members. We’re a modern, dynamic, progressive beverage company, yet grounded with old-fashioned values including working hard, loyalty, and a genuine commitment to excellence.
Standard Beverage is looking for dependable, experienced, results-driven and customer-focused route delivery drivers for delivery of beer, wine and liquor to retail, grocery, convenience, large-format stores and restaurants in the Lawrence, Topeka and Kansas City Metro areas. Our drivers are home nightly and enjoy 3-day weekends. Current Class A or B CDL is required for this job. Starting pay for our Route Delivery Drivers ranges from $20 to $22 per hour, depending on experience. Performance and safety-based bonus programs for eligible Route Delivery Drivers allow for up to an additional $6,000 per year to be earned.
Our route delivery drivers run an established, 4-day per week, local route, delivering beer, wine and liquor to retail liquor, grocery, convenience and large-format stores, bars, and restaurants in the State of Kansas. Must possess a current class A or B CDL. Work schedule is Tuesday through Friday and may vary slightly based on certain holidays. We offer competitive hourly pay with driver bonuses paid monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Drives heavy 22' “straight” truck or single-axle day-cab with 28' PUP trailer over established delivery route.
- Pads, stacks and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck, electric pallet jack or dolly.
- Rotates stock, lifts and stacks products inside customer premises.
- Helps maintain or merchandise displays, shelves and cold-boxes as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service on a daily basis.
- Collects proper payment (cash or check) for invoice at time of delivery.
- Records damages, changes and discrepancies on invoices at time of delivery.
- Meets or exceeds all productivity standards.
- Interacts with members of the sales and merchandising teams.
- Collects and returns empty boxes for repackaging of product.
- Drives in a safe and lawful manner.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on truck and trailer.
- Valid Commercial Drivers License- Class A or B
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate – As required by the Department of Transportation
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide two and three-digit numbers. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk/ use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 120 pounds. Using a hand truck, the employee must regularly push, pull, and maneuver 180 to 250 pounds up and down inclines and uneven surfaces. Occasionally the navigation of stairs is required with a loaded hand truck.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
- Professional attitude and mindset.
- Must be dependable and able to report for all assigned shifts.
- Adaptability to change and able to manage competing demands. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and reliability.
- Self-confidence and a professional demeanor.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic who takes the initiative to get things done.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and adaptable.
- Positive attitude towards daily work, team members, and customers.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Candidate will receive a market-competitive cash compensation package with driver bonuses paid monthly, quarterly and annually. Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, 401k, etc.) and tuition reimbursement are also provided. Standard Beverage offers this full benefits package in addition to a fun, interactive working environment.
Standard Beverage Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour