Job Title: Mechanic
\* 2nd Shift 3:00PM-11:30PM (Monday- Friday)
\*Weekend Shift 6:30AM-6:30PM ( Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
Supervisor Title: Innovation & Engineering Sr. Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
As a Full-Time Mechanic, you have the responsibility to monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all facility infrastructure and equipment appropriate to the business operations of the site. You will obtain forklift and elevated platform certification and must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer demands. Candidates must have a focus on safety and urgency while supporting our Fulfillment Center.
Judgment and Decision Making
Decisions made by Employees can directly impact the overall performance of the business. Every Employee must be able to make decisions with only moderate involvement from management.
Safety, security, sustainability, and quality are core responsibilities. Employees work proactively to accomplish the safety objective, zero enlarged accidents, while maintaining security around the site. They make sound judgements and decisions in the best interest of our environment and in line with LOREAL’s sustainability vision. Employees demonstrate integrity when making decisions that impact the quality of our work with customers and protect the overall image of LOREAL.
Continuous improvement is the expectation. Employees are expected to optimize their performance through sound judgement and decision making, flexibility and simplification are essential. Decisions should be made with the intention of lowering total landed costs by reducing indirect spending and improving productivity.
Customer service is a priority. Employees should make decisions that meet all customer demands; delivering quality orders to our customers on time. Decisions made on a daily basis should always consider our customers’ expectations. Employees should actively contribute to our agility.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Maintenance Excellence, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Establish effective maintenance procedures including preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Manage, assist, or affect the procurement of new equipment or spare parts
- Identify risks to the operation and work to find solutions
- Maintain an effective labor/employee relations environment
- Develop, implement, and oversee all necessary record systems
- Manage, implement, and support all L'Oreal policies
- Develop, manage, executes, and support continuous improvement projects focusing on EHS & Security, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Service, and People.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all production and facility equipment as directed.
- Always work in a safe manner following all established safety rules and regulations.
- Follow all established Maintenance practices regarding Preventative Maintenance Paperwork, Parts Usage and Ordering.
- Troubleshoot and Repair equipment including but not limited to Conveyors, Motor systems, Carton Erector and Sealers, Transfer Load Systems, Forklifts.
- Achieve Continuous improvement in speed and accuracy of preventative maintenance plans.
- Installation and troubleshooting of new equipment.
- Schedules, implement and oversee repairs including but not limited to; preventative maintenance and service work of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security systems, roof, dock doors, telephone systems, electrical panels, lighting, fire prevention systems and computer systems; assists with special projects as required including obtaining quotes and proposals for continuous improvement.
- Manages on-site contractors including safety training, daily permits, and daily prevention plans.
- Complete and assist with safety validations of site equipment; maintains a clean and orderly work area; assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- High School Graduation or GED equivalent.
- Min 2 years of experience in distribution or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate strong skills in math, PLC, electrical, automation, mechanical and fluid systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and robotic programming and maintenance.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, including familiarity with work order systems
- Demonstrate the L’Oreal competencies including but not limited to creative problem solving, decision making, results & service oriented and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under difficult situations, adapting to new work environments and able to deliver results quickly
- Demonstrated understanding of successful change management and principles of design
- Proven leadership skills, project management skills, and business acumen
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Ability to manage in complex situations, often needing to deliver innovative results quickly
- Preferred experience in Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN, and/or TPM methodologies.
- Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders
- Must be able to work from heights
- Must pass hearing and vision requirements
- Must be able to stand at least 4 hours at a time
- Must be able to operate forklifts
NOTE: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.70 - $28.70 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to wear a face mask.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location