Shadow is a high-end streaming service for games. What does this mean? Any game you can play on a Windows 10 computer, you can play on Shadow using virtually any device you want! Turn a laptop, Mac, smartphone, tablet or even a 5-year-old PC into a high-end gaming rig through the Shadow app. Then, all you have to do is download your current game library to your Shadow account and start playing all your favorite PC games on max settings! We provides all of the power you'd get from a gaming computer at a fraction of the cost with none of the maintenance!. Our data centers are upgraded with every new generation of technology at no additional cost to you!
Shadow is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Marketing Team as our Communications Manager. You will work with media outlets, external agencies and internal teams. The ideal candidate has a well-rounded background in PR, digital and strategic marketing, messaging, and content creation. You are also a creative thinker, data-driven and analytical. This position will report into the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Develop and manage press materials including briefing documents, strategic press plans, reactive statements, blog posts, and management of company spokespeople
- Build relationships with media outlets and reporters, and be comfortable pitching media, writing briefing documents, and staffing interviews
- Educate press, bloggers, and other external parties about Shadow and our business
- Onboard and manage PR agencies to aid in press outreach and unlock new opportunities
- Be a key stakeholder in all of Shadow’s messaging and positioning across channels
- 5+ years of experience in communications and press relations at an agency, in-house, or both
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of product and corporate communications
- Existing relationships with major gaming press outlets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, quick learner, and ability to develop communications campaigns that are creative and engaging
- Creative thinker with a scrappy, can-do attitude
- Comfortable working at the pace of a startup and with ambiguity; ability to lead complex projects, contribute to cross-functional initiatives, and be a trusted partner to our engineering, business, partnerships, marketing and product teams