Senior Consultant, Operations Transformation, Financial Services
Help our clients navigate dynamic and disruptive markets. The solutions we provide will help them drive product and service innovation, improve financial performance, accelerate speed to market, and operate their platforms to innovate continuously.
Our Financial Services Practice
Deloitte Consulting's Financial Services Practice offers a broad range of advisory services including strategy, technology solutions, regulatory, merger and acquisition and human capital consulting to clients in all financial industry sectors including banking, insurance, securities, investment management and real estate.
The Banking and Capital Markets Consulting practice provides services to major US and global banks and works in virtually all banking areas and competencies, including retail banking, mortgage and lending, payments and wholesale banking. The team concentrates on delivering customer insights, core growth and digital strategies, operational transformation, human capital and technology modernization services to bank executives. We help clients with regulatory reform, technological modernization, customer insights, competitive dynamics, and increasing market growth opportunities.
The Insurance Consulting practice provides support to major insurers around the globe and works in virtually all service areas and competencies. We provide strategic, operational, financial, and technology related advisory services to Life, P&C, Reinsurance and Insurance Brokerage firms. We work with large Insurance carriers on strategic and operational issues and opportunities including market positioning, product development, actuarial and underwriting transformation, sales and marketing optimization, core technology replacement, claims operations improvement and supporting change management.
The Securities Consulting practice provides support to major investment banks, brokerages and exchanges globally. The Investment Management and Real Estate practice provides support to investment managers, asset servicers, REITs, and real estate developers across the globe. We provide these firms with a broad set of strategic, operational, financial and technology services.
Work you’ll do
Senior Consultants develop meaningful insights to address our clients’ biggest challenges by performing detailed quantitative and qualitative assessments of their operations and strategy. Responsibilities typical of a Senior Consultant on one of these projects could include:
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope
- Develop work plans for components of an engagement
- Coordinate activities between work streams
- Provide guidance to junior practitioners as they manage large, confidential and complex data sets
- Develop storyboards to concisely and effectively convey key messages to an executive audience
- Facilitate client interviews, client meetings and large workshops
- Develop hypotheses and models/methods to test each hypothesis
- Develop process flows depicting pain points in the business process
- Build quantitative models and analyze large and complex data sets to generate / support insights
- Conduct detailed analyses to draw conclusions, and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations
- Design deliverable content to reflect the engagement contract
- Present findings and recommendations to client leadership
- Mentor junior staff
Operations Transformation Team
Our Operations Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients’ core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy innovative and technology enabled solutions focused on “heart of the business” issues in specific sectors including Health Care, Banking & Securities, Insurance, and Energy & Resources. Our Market Offerings include Operating Model Transformation and Center for Process Bionics.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients’ priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
- 4 years of professional experience in a financial services or consulting setting
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record
- Prior experience providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities
- Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited sponsorship opportunities may be available
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will also have the following preferred skills
- An advanced degree is preferred
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Experience working with large digital transformations
- Techno-functional experience in Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Transaction Banking, Cards & Payments, Wealth & Investments, Capital Markets, Insurance products, underwriting, claims, policy admin, distribution
- Experience working with one of the following platforms; Wholesale Payment/Treasury Management expertise (Oracle, Finastra GPP/PayPlus, IBM FTM, FiServ/Dovetail or FIS/Clear2Pay), ISO and RT payment message formats, (Products) Wire, ACH, Real-time/Faster Payments, Swift (Functional): Payments origination, customer client onboarding, exception processing, settlement, cash management. Experience with large platform implementation (I-O type deals). Open Banking, Cloud platform delivery + Big Data, data transformation/ ETL, Integration/middleware, Micro Services & API’s, Card & Network Processing, KYC/AML, FX
- Experience working with one of the following insurance platforms; Experience with large platforms enabling insurance technology such as; New Business & Underwriting expertise ( iPipeline, Ebix, Vlocity, Limelight, SalesForce, etc.), Distribution Management (VUE, Callidus), Policy Administration, Billing and Claims (ALIP, OIPA, FAST, Majesco, EIS, FINEOS, Guidewire, Duck Creek, 1Insurer, Vantage, LifeComm,etc.), Finance (Workday, Aptitude Accounting Hub, etc.), familiarity with insurance reference architecture and data management
- Agile Scrum Master Experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.