ExperiencedQuality Assurance Lead (Temporary, possible Permanent)
Manufacturer of chocolate confections is lookingfor a full-time, experienced Quality Assurance Lead at the Richmond, CA plant in the San Francisco Bay Area.
For 15 years, Easton Malloy has successfullyproduced high quality white label chocolate confections via exceptional serviceto top tier retail customers. Now we’re upgrading our facility and expandingour capacity - and that means recruiting additional highly qualified team membersto help expand on our success to date.
We are looking for two experienced QualityAssurance Leads, one daytime QA Lead for 6:30am to 3pm and one eveningQA Lead from 3pm to 11:30pm.
This position is TEMPORARY with a potentialfor permanent hire.
QA leads are responsible for the monitoring anddocumentation of safety and quality programs. Main responsibilities aredocumentation of day-to-day QA/food safety operations, ensuring our food safetyand quality systems are performing as intended and aiding QA management in implementingand improving programs.
Position requires at least 2 years’ experience inSQF/HACCP Quality Assurance, food safety, or related field in a foodmanufacturing facility.
· Accurately andthoroughly complete quality and food safety documentation.
· Ensure CCPs aremonitored and checked according to defined frequency.
· Perform process checksthroughout production, including but not limited to pre-operational checks,label checks, net weight checks, quality and sensory checks.
· Work closely with QAmanagement in implementing programs and meeting goals.
· Provide oversight ofprocesses and compliance with company standards and policies, and reportdeviations.
· Maintain accurate andorganized records of QA activities.
· Maintain organizedinventory of retained products.
· Guide productionemployees in adapting to new food safety and quality programs.
· Ensure work areas on thefloor are clean and organized in compliance with company and regulatorystandards.
· Work in a safe mannerand follow all company, federal, state, and local standards.
· Assist plant managementin the collection of data for the purpose of site improvement.
· Control and preventexcess packaging and product waste.
· Ensure all packaging,lot codes, seals and product specifications are met.
· Immediately identify andalert supervisor and management of food safety problems.
· Attend required trainingto gain understanding of the food safety program.
· At least 2 years’ experiencein SQF/HACCP Quality Assurance, food safety, or related field in a foodmanufacturing facility
· HACCP and SQF trainedpreferred, experience in GMP, SOP, policy and procedures
· Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
· Technicalproblem-solving skills
· Food safety knowledge
· Strong communicationskills, both oral and written
· Strong math skills
· Ability to operate infast paced production environment
· May work late at nightor early mornings
· Able to stand and walkthroughout the scheduled work shift
· Able to lift and/or moveup to 25 lbs.
Agencies need not apply.
Job Type: Full-time, temporary (with potentialto become permanent)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract