The Legal Administrative Assistant – Labor & Employment, Intellectual Property Litigation position will provide high-quality legal administrative support to busy Labor & Employment and IP partners. This position is responsible for a wide range of administrative, organizational, and legal document specific tasks.
- Manages attorney's calendar and correspondence.
- Engages in professional and client-service oriented interactions with clients.
- Retrieves court decisions using internet services such as Westlaw.
- Serves as liaison between attorney and office and court services vendors.
- Assists in coordination with Firm Learning and Development Department in tracking and ensuring attorney CLE compliance.
- Manages records through LegalKey.
- Creates and revises legal documents, correspondence and other materials using firm software.
- Creates documents using firm templates (including, letterhead, memos, discovery and motion shells, etc.).
- Files documents using court ECF systems; in state, federal and appellate courts.
- Proofreads documents for quality verification
- Reviews prebills and revises as appropriate.
Must be specifically listed on resume in order to be considered for this position.
- Minimum of five years legal administrative or legal secretarial experience in large law firm environment required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Will be tested on Typing (65 WPM), and Proofreading.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the Labor and Employment and IP litigation practice.
- Knowledge of general legal and practice specific administrative processes and procedures, technology systems, and research tools.
- Excellent written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel; strong technical skills and background in state and federal efiling.
- Ability to prepare basic documents with minimal errors; good proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for learning new applications.
- Proactively demonstrate effective teamwork and communication with team members and all firm personnel.
- Commitment to maintaining "big picture" awareness and ownership of client and practice needs.
- Ability to anticipate attorney and case needs and act proactively to meet them; reliability, flexibility and adaptability in a team and service-oriented environment with ability to consistently provide high level of service both internally and externally.
- Ability to produce high quality work product in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to follow instructions effectively and with enthusiasm from a diverse group of attorneys and staff; flexibility to work extended hours, as needed.
Clearance of firm standard background check required.
We value diversity in our workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (Required)