THIS POSITION REQUIRES PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL APPARATUS AND RELAY TESTING IN THE UTILITY INDUSTRY, ONLY THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY!
***THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED OUT OF UTAH or INDIANA ONLY THOSE WILLING TO RELOCATE NEED APPLY***
Experienced Electrical Testing Technician (Traveling)
Advanced Electric Systems (AES) is an Electrical Testing, Maintenance and Repair company that specializes in high voltage and substation testing and maintenance. We offer opportunities for individuals who are willing to learn and perform at high levels in various areas including; testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, oil services, fiber optic in the Electrical industry. AES is a fully owned subsidiary of Quanta Services. AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Test, troubleshoot and inspect various complex electrical systems. Be able to operate various types of electrical test equipment including but not limited to Doble, Manta, Vanguard, Omicron Etc. Require a intermediate to strong level of understanding of interfacing software such as, DTA, Protection Suite, Enoserve/RTS, PTM, Accelerator. Intermediate to high level of understanding of protection and control schemes, concepts & prints. AES is willing to train in any area of weakness; however, candidate will be expected to work autonomously within a reasonable amount of time. This position requires a highly motived, moderately knowledgeable induvial with a strong desire to further advance his or her crew as a technician. Position is FT with comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and 401k. The right candidate will be supplied with a truck, fuel card, cell phone & laptop for company use.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform acceptance, maintenance and commissioning testing of various electrical power apparatus including Circuit Breakers, Transformers, Instrument Transformers, Grounding Systems, SF6 Interrupters, Meters, Relays , Motor Control Centers, SCADA Systems etc...
- Write test reports using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Operate test equipment both manually and with interfacing software
- Communicate with various relays (SEL, Multilin, Basler) and well as test equipment
- Maintain strong client relationships.
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical circuits.
- Reading electrical drawings including block diagrams, three lines, single lines, DC/AC schematics & logic diagrams.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and avoids unsafe behaviors.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate and/or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of high voltage testing experience
- Electrical engineering experience preferred
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Preference given to those who have, are may be able to obtain, a Class A CDL
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $70.00 per hour
- Substation : 3 years (Required)
- High Voltage Testing: 3 years (Required)
- DOBLE: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
Company's Facebook page: