Merakey is seeking a Operations Director to join our Education and Autism division in our school in Carlisle PA.
WHY TEACH AT MERAKEY?
- Benefits are effective upon date of hire and including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and much more
- Teacher to student ratio never to exceed 1:8
- Individualized approach for every student
- 10-month traditional school year with paid summers off
- Additional hours and compensation available with ESY (Extended School Year)
- Responsible for the marketing, development, and expansion of programs
- Ensure program fidelity standards are upheld
- Oversee the profit and loss for programs and ensure financial responsibility is upheld
- Observe and assess staff through classroom evaluations and individual performance evaluations.
- Respond to problems as necessary both within the day to day operations of programs, with parents, staff, and outside agencies.
- Prepare and lead staff meetings & share new ideas and current trends within each of the programs
- Visit classrooms/programs frequently for assistance/coverage for the teacher, special activities monitoring, evaluation, etc.
- Coordinate admissions decisions for all programs
- Attend student meetings as needed regarding any supports needed
- Help with fundraising events as needed & set goals for fundraising.
- Prepare budget summaries for upcoming fiscal year & work with financial analyst as needed
- Revenue reports and enrollment oversight.
- Conduct trainings as needed for staff
- Assure location meets all licensure requirements at all times
- Hiring, training, and supervising of all employees as needed
- Complete weekly employee schedules as needed
- Handle employee call offs and find appropriate coverage for programs
Plans, develops, and administers educational program(s) of the Merakey Schools and all applicable public school classrooms related to the Merakey Schools.
19.Provides appropriate training, guidance, and supervision to all teaching staff relative to the completion of all job duties and responsibilities (i.e., Individual Education Plan (IEP), Monthly Progress Reports, Lesson Plans, etc.)
20.Provide knowledge and expertise relative to Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations for private and public schools
21. Ensure compliance with Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations for private and public schools
Other duties as assigned to meet programmatic needs.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a position that will allow you to make a difference in a person's life while taking your career to the next level... Don't Wait -- Apply Today!
To fill out an on-line application:
www.merakey.org/careers and send your resume to our recruiter Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT MERAKEY'S EDUCATION & AUTISM DIVISION
The Merakey Education and Autism Division focuses on a continuum of care throughout the lifespan. The core, fundamental principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) are incorporated into a specialized approach across all service offerings. This division is supported by a senior management team of highly qualified professionals that provide training, supervision, guidance, and support to each of our specialized programs. This team is comprised of decades of expertise in education, autism, and behavioral health experiences.
Merakey opened their very first Licensed Private Academic School for students on the Autism Spectrum in the fall of 2005. Since inception, the Education and Autism Services have grown across the state of Pennsylvania providing support for all individuals across the lifespan.
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Childcare/Pre-K Readiness
- Licensed Private Academic Schools
- In-District Specialized Classrooms
- Therapy Services
- Stepping Stones Plus
- Adult Autism Services
- Adult Autism Housing Services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Bachelors degree in Special Educational or education degree with supervisory certificate. Masters degree is preferred.
- Must be a person with good interpersonal skills, knowledgeable about teaching in applied behavioral analysis, organized, and have excellent educational and administration communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled