Position: Intern—Program Development
Period: Full day (9:00am—5:00pm) and half day (8:45am—1:00pm and 1:00pm—5:00pm) slots available
Location: Washington, D.C. – 6856 Eastern Ave NW
Compensation: Monthly stipend available and for-credit program available.
Interested in building skills in program development, project management, and strategic planning? Are you looking to boost your resume before graduation and put your knowledge to the test? Consider interning with YFU! YFU interns learn about international service, cross cultural communications, community outreach and more. Contribute to our organization and participate in meaningful work that has tangible outcomes.
Position Summary: Based on YFU’s mission and goals, this position will support the Program Development team as they work to create new programming options, develop organizational partnerships and advise applicants on various program options.
- Assisting with the design of new programs
- Managing the details of our programs portfolio- making sure the website is up to date, all information from contracts is clear, clarifying details with international partners, etc.
- Researching potential partnerships both here in the U.S. (schools and educational organizations) as potential clients and internationally as potential partners/vendors. Researching cultural and international organizations that could serve as cross-promotional strategic partners and collaborators. Helping to set up meetings.
- Maintain databases of participants and program partners, ensure appropriate communication methods in coordination with the registration team
- Assist with programming elements to ensure school, participant and partner satisfaction
- Assist with drafting and distribution of documents partner schools, participants, and YFU staff internationally for data collection as needed
- Assist in the design and development of program promotional, orientation and training materials
- Support team in conducting competitor and market research and synthesizing findings to aid in program development
- Assist as needed with student advising with regards to program inquiries, and other tasks as assigned
A non-profit international educational organization with partners in more than 60 different countries, YFU USA is one of the world’s oldest, largest and most respected intercultural exchange programs. More than 270,000 students and their host families have benefited from the support and expertise of YFU. YFU’s national office in D.C. is located in the Takoma neighborhood. Metro and bus access are readily available.
Qualifications/How to Apply:
We welcome graduate and undergraduate students with excellent verbal and written communication skills from both for-credit and not-for-credit programs. This position is unpaid, but a travel stipend will be provided. Interns should be proficient with Internet and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
YFU American and international student alumni are strongly encouraged to apply! Email us a resume, cover letter (which includes hours you are available to work— full day (9:00am—5:00pm) and half day (8:45am—1:00pm and 1:00pm—5:00pm) slots available) and a list of references. Subject line: Program Development Intern. Please include your name, address, and contact information. Please describe to us why you are interested in interning with YFU. Applicants must be eligible for employment and able to pass a pre-employment background check. YFU encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $200.00 /month
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page: