Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
Classification Title Associate Dean
Posting Title Associate Dean/Associate Professor, Academic Affairs
Department HSC-Office of the Dean-SHP-300800
Job Location Fort Worth
The School of Health Professions is proud to provide opportunities for a diverse student body to obtain the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to serve in the health care professions and to continue their development throughout their professional careers. The School of Health Professions was approved by the University of North Texas System Board of Regents on May 20, 2004 and subsequently approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board on July 8, 2004.
Presently, the School is comprised of three academic departments: The Department of Physician Assistant Studies (PA), the Department of Physical Therapy (PT), and Lifestyle Health Sciences (LHS) with degree programs leading to a Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Masters of Physician Assistant Studies, or Master of Science in Lifestyle Health Sciences and Coaching.
PT and PA programs include inter-professional experiences designed to prepare students to be contributing members of the healthcare team. The newly added M.S. in Lifestyle Health Sciences & Coaching is an innovative program designed to provide the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to become a credentialed health and wellness coach with a specialization in lifestyle medicine. Approximately 29 faculty members provide high quality education and instruction to the School’s over 400 students and are supported by 18 members of the professional staff.
Salary Information Salary will commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean (AD) for Academic Affairs (with faculty appointment) provides leadership, coordination, oversight, and support, as requested, in the management of the School’s academic units, programs, personnel, partnerships, and initiatives. Serving as a strategic advisor to support the vision of the Dean, the AD provides advice, guidance, and policy development on academic
matters and works closely with the university leadership on academic planning, educational policy issues, accreditation actions, sponsored programs, and academic evaluations while ensuring operational excellence of the SHP.
The SHP seeks an entrepreneurial Associate Dean with a strong record of excellence in academic leadership, scholarly activity, and enthusiasm to grow the School’s academic programs. The AD will
have a history of dedication to strong educational programming and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion. The
AD must possess superior communication skills, political adeptness, entrepreneurial energy, and values that align with the university.
- Earned doctorate in a discipline aligned with health professions education and scholarly activity and educational achievement commensurate for a senior faculty appointment in SHP
- More than 7 years of experience in academia, preferably educating medical and/or other health science related students
- Demonstrated success as an administrator, fiscal manager, and team player
- Commitment to the ideal of a student-centered university with an emphasis on high quality instruction and professional training
- Commitment to excellence on both a personal and professional level, with emphasis on selfless service, integrity, and respect
- Facilitator and problem-solver who earns the trust of the community by instilling a sense of “fair play” and placing the goals of the organization ahead of those of any individual, group or department
- Commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where faculty, students, and staff actively contribute to the vibrant life of the University
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, including a commitment to listening, problem solving, and consensus building
- Commitment to create, with other health science leaders, more collaborative training and joint educational experiences, among the health science students, to promote more effective and better coordinated care for patients they will serve upon completion of their training
- Understanding of the current and emerging issues in higher education and health care and how they will, potentially, impact the mission and goals of the School and UNTHSC
- Willingness to develop connections and establish partnerships on behalf of the School and the University with local community health providers
- Prior experience as a Department Chair
- Prior academic health center experience
Required License / Registration / Certification
Physical Requirements Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or Hear
Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Driving University Vehicle No
Full Time/Part Time
Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Posting Number E016P
Special Instructions to Applicants
Harris Search Associates is assisting UNTHSC for this search. Please contact Jeffrey Harris, Managing Partner, for further details. Jeffrey Harris, Managing Partner. Tel: 614-798-8500; Cell: 614-354-2100; Email: email@example.com; www.harrisandassociates.com