Pinnacle Dermatology is currently hiring for either a full-time, part-time or PRN Histo Technician. The Histo Technician is responsible for accurate and proficient processing of tissue specimens in a timely and accurate manor, in a high-volume setting.
- Process tissue for sectioning.
- Section tissue, embed tissue, cut blocks, stain slides, coverslip slides, label slides, recuts and deepers and IHC stains.
- Maintain order in laboratory and compliance to safety regulations.
- Appropriately dispose of biohazardous waste.
- Implement laboratory safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AMA approved histology technical program or 2 years of college with emphasis on biological sciences and 1-year experience in histologic techniques is required. HT (ASCP) certification or eligible (completion within 1 year) is required.
- Work Experience:
- At least 1 – 2 years’ experience in a lab required.
- Personal Qualifications: Candidates must be:
- Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and accountable.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple assignments throughout the workday.
- Skilled at dealing with changing priorities throughout the workday in order to meet patient and employer requests.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Able to work in a collaborative and team environment.
- Able to keep information confidential and adhere to HIPPA standards.
About Pinnacle Dermatology:
Pinnacle Dermatology, LLC, offers extraordinary clinical care and an incredible patient experience at every point in the patients' journey. The Illinois based team of board certified specialists is committed to providing complete clinical care for medical dermatology needs, skin cancer surveillance and treatment, as well as medical dermatologic services. Coupled with the unparalleled and unique family-like culture, patients will have an incredible experience from the minute they pick up the phone.
Let us show you what is possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- previous lab: 2 years
- histologic techniques: 1 year