FaegreBD, a top national and international law firm, is looking to hire an experienced litigation paralegal to contribute to our Food Litigation and Regulatory practice in our Minneapolis office. Come work with our nationally recognized food litigation team.
What you would do in this job:
- Work with the food litigation practice group to defend product liability, commercial and class action cases involving food contamination and deceptive labeling claims.
- Work as part of a dynamic team, including experienced and recognized lawyers, senior paralegals (including nurse paralegals) and an advanced in-house e-discovery and information management department.
- Collect, review, analyze and organize litigation documents; prepare pleadings and discovery.
- Assist with the collection of medical records, and in conjunction with nurse paralegals, develop an understanding of key medical and scientific issues related to foodborne illnesses.
- Work with FDA, CDC and health department regulations and documents.
- Provide clear and complete work delegation to legal administrative assistants, case assistants and other support staff as necessary.
- Monitor on-going case activity and pending deadlines.
- Energetic, organized, detail oriented and disciplined with the willingness to work hard.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as part of a team, through effective communication strategies and a mutual support/”can do” attitude.
- Ability to manage workflow and work under tight deadlines and other time constraints, with competing and shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of and commitment in the use of technology for litigation support and trial preparation.
- Ability to bill 1550 hours annually towards the firm’s paralegal billing expectation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- A paralegal career model which provides paralegals with a growth opportunity and an outlined path toward advancement in their career within the firm.
- Presumptive bonus tied to billable hours and a discretionary bonus to recognize high performers.
- Encouragement to prepare for future responsibilities and career success by pursuing in house and off-site professional and educational opportunities.
- Opportunities to contribute to the health and vitality of the communities where we live and work through our tradition of pro bono, volunteerism and philanthropy.
- 3 - 5 + years of large law firm/corporation and litigation experience.
- Experience in food industry or with food litigation or regulatory matters is helpful.
- Paralegal certificate, or a 4-year college degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Relativity or similar e-discovery platforms.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.
Department/Practice GroupProduct Liability and Environmental
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Number of Openings1