The Bureau of Information Systems provides a full range of technology support services for key business functions and Charter mandated responsibilities of the Comptroller’s Office. These services include: technology strategic planning, web site development, graphic design, disaster recovery, systems development, network administration, audio/visual services, business process re-engineering, change management, program management, security administration, helpdesk, computer operations, telecommunications, and document management.
The position reporting to the Manager of Network Services. The successful candidate will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. They will also need to plan, implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Configure firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security; maximize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting;
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points and controllers., firewall, routers, switches;
- Engineer, design, configure, install, integrate, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco UCS server hardware; update network equipment to the latest firmware releases and industry best practices;
- Monitor the agency’s Data Center environmental status including heat and water alerts. Ensure proper maintenance is conducted in a timely manner. Configure load balancers such as F5 and
- Investigate and remediate faults on the network;
- Maintain and operate Qualys vulnerability scanning server. Scan the server environment at all Comptroller's locations for vulnerabilities and coordinate patching activities to correct the indicated
- Maintain and operate Cisco SourceFire network appliances and FireAMP Cloud client software. Follow up on correlated events, failed cleanse or quarantine tasks, track and stop day 0 attacks
by utilizing tools at your disposal;
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and
- Monitor management software (i.e. Cisco Prime, ISE, logging, Stealthwatch, SPLUNK) on routers, switches, and access controllers, and load balancers to ensure maximum uptime of the
- Support and repair necessary communication lines between all agency sites and ISP providers;
- Support DMZs at all agency sites;
- Support external connections with all identified business partners; and,
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid experience supervising or administering computer operations involving a large-scale third generation computer at least 18 months of which shall have been in a managerial capacity.
2. Education at an accredited college or university may be substituted for the general experience described above (but not for the 18 months of managerial experience described above) at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years college for 2 years or experience. In addition a Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration or any other Master's Degree in Management of Administration may be substituted for an additional year of general work experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience or managerial experience described above.
- Substantial progressively responsible experience as a Network Administrator;
- CCNP certification;
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware, and application transport protocols;
- Must possess LAN, WAN and Network security experience;
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems;
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think through problems and visualize solutions;
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
We appreciate every applicant’s interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Vacancy notices listed as “Until Filled” will be posted for at least five work days.
To apply, Please click, "Apply Now".
New York City Residency is not required for this position