Our financial client in Irving is looking for a contractor to help through 12/21/2018. Please review the information, and if qualified, apply online for immediate consideration.
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, our client serves more than 2 million customers with personal loans, automobile loans, and other credit-related products. "Lending Made Personal" reflects their commitment to putting customers first. For 90+ years, they've made the promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for their customers.
The SOX Analyst Senior independently conducts financial and operational audits to ensure adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting and to evaluate operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Independently performs process documentation and analyzes the current operating processes and policies to identify and measure various types of risk.
• Assists with the identification of risks and controls and the preparation of test scripts.
• Performs tests of design and tests of operating effectiveness for key controls.
• Assists with the remediation of key control failures with process owners to evaluate root causes for the failure and determine potential solutions to improve the internal control environment.
• Serves as a point of contact between the organization and the SOX team.
• Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
• Independently and accurately documents, evaluates, and communicates the results and conclusions of all audit work performed in accordance with workpaper documentation standards.
• Conducts and effectively handles special assignments for management as requested.
• Travel time of 25% required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
• 2-4 years external audit, internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley or accounting experience
• Financial Services experience a plus, Big 4 Experience a plus
• CPA or CIA Certification or Candidate designation