Location: Boston, MA
Reporting to: Assistant General Manager
Internal: Time Out Market
We love what we do – and it shows! Time Out Market is the division of Time Out that brings our food and cultural experiences to life for our guests, readers and clients.
Our Market Bartenders provide outstanding guest service and product to ensure that each of our guests enjoy a memorable experience with each visit.
- Prepare guest checks through POS terminal functions and process guest payments by cash, credit card, comps and all other tender types
- Uphold procedures for Bartender banks
- Responsible for proper check–out procedures
- Responsible to ensure accurate accounting of all bar monies
- Appear in uniform for all shifts at the scheduled time
- Ensure proper rotation of all liquor, beer, wine and consumable items
- Keep bar top clean and free of dirty glasses, dirty ashtrays, trash, etc. throughout shift. Clean all spills and waste immediately and place all trash in proper receptacles
- Proper setup and maintenance of event and or banquet function spaces
- Inform management of any complaint, comments or incident
- Ability to create and maintain a guest and staff service rapport
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner
- Provide information to Guests regarding our venues, menus and pricing
- Adhere to all company Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
- Report any incidents of theft, vandalism, or violations
- Respond to Guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints with a positive attitude
- Recognize and acknowledge when guests are becoming intoxicated and/or are intoxicated
- Monitor potentially intoxicated and/or disruptive guests and promptly bring to a Manager’s attention
- Refuse further service of alcohol to overly intoxicated Guests in a courteous and safety-minded manner
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws.
- Maintain company safety and sanitation standards
- Ensure nightly/weekly and opening/running/closing duties are completed
- Record and report any equipment failure and/or safety hazards to a Manager immediately
- Assist all other team members as needed
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
- Create and maintain a sense of urgency
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude always
- Ability to keep an open and objective view
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful always
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to maintain personal integrity
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, follow up and make accurate decisions
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines
Interested in applying but don't tick all the boxes on the list? Please apply, we'd still love to hear from you.
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Working Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience in hospitality working in a high-volume bar
- Hospitality, Restaurant, Nightclub, Bar, and Lounge Operations
- Beer, wine, spirits, and cigar brands
- Opening and closing duties
- Proper lifting techniques
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must present and maintain a professional image to further the overall theme of the venue
- Must have good positive energy to make it through the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors
- Must be able to print legibly for guests to read
- Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace at venue
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be dexterous and able to participate in all service aspects.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend, climb and carry as necessary
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to talk, hear, taste, smell, and see to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
Work Environment and Schedule:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasionally work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise and crowds the severity of which depends upon Guest volume
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
What we look for in a candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced transformative company in pursuit of excellence
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people. We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sex; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; and pregnancy and maternity. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth so we can all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
About Time Out Group plc
Time Out Group is a global media and leisure business that inspires and enables people to explore and enjoy the best of the city.
It all began in London in 1968 when Time Out helped people discover the exciting new urban cultures that had started up all over the capital. Since then, this iconic brand has consistently maintained its status as the go-to source of inspiration for both locals and visitors alike.
Time Out Group has been named one of the Most Innovative Companies for 2020 by Fast Company - this prestigious annual list honours the businesses making the most profound impact on both industry and culture, showcasing a variety of ways to thrive in today’s fast-changing world. The Group comprises two highly synergistic business divisions: Time Out Media and Time Out Market.
Time Out Media’s digital and physical media proposition comprises websites, mobile, social media, print and live events.
Across these platforms, Time Out distributes its high-quality content – written and curated by local expert journalists - around the best food, drinks, culture, art, music, theatre, travel and entertainment in 328 cities and 58 countries. The Company is monetising this global reach and its strong traffic from a desirable audience via digital and print advertising as well as e-commerce. Since its launch 50 years ago, Time Out has become a global brand that advertisers and consumers love and trust.
Time Out Market is a food and cultural market leveraging the Time Out brand to bring the best of the city under one roof: its best chefs, drinks and cultural experiences – based on the editorial curation Time Out has always been known for. The first Time Out Market opened in Lisbon in 2014 and is now Portugal’s most popular attraction with 4.1 million visitors in 2019.
Following this success, five new Time Out Markets opened in North America in 2019 in Miami, New York, Boston, Montréal and Chicago. A further pipeline of other global locations includes Dubai, Porto, London and Prague.
Across both business divisions, the Group’s mission is to help people around the world go out better.
Time Out is headquartered in London (United Kingdom) and listed on London's AIM stock exchange, trading under the ticker symbol 'TMO'.
Time Out is a dynamic, pioneering brand and so is our team. We want to work with the best and brightest talent because we work for the world’s greatest cities, the people enjoying them and the businesses in them. As a truly global team we get to collaborate with colleagues from New York to Paris, Tokyo and Sydney and beyond. It’s our integrity, passion, curiosity, creativity and openness that make us successful and a unique team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $7.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Bartending: 1 year (Required)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person