- Provide mechanical/electrical support for all production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all production equipment in top working condition.
- Provide and suggest continuous improvement changes to equipment.
- Work with operations and engineering on machine updates and improvements.
- Ensure quality & safety standards are met; report unsafe conditions, accidents or injuries per Andersen’s safety policy.
- Make mechanical additions, modifications, design changes, and retrofit machine parts to existing equipment.
- Competent at reading schematics, wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Ensure proper preventative maintenance is performed on equipment.
- Ensure workspace is clean, safe and organized.
- Provide input and feedback to supervisor regarding job performance.
- Perform special duties or assignments as required.
- Assist or perform other departmental jobs as directed.
- Continue your education and provide a training development plan to align yourself with your job requirements.
- Minimum Education: High School
- Prefer formal education with degree or diploma in related field– Technical College (or equal).
- Knowledge in welding, machining, machine building, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Basic computer skills (CMMS, Microsoft office skills, Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to trouble shoot and resolve problems related to PLC and electromechanical aspects of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to properly use testing equipment including (electrical, mechanical and fluid power).
- Broad knowledge of PLC ‘s and electrical principles.
- Broad knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with internal customers, service providers, supervisor, and fellow workers.
- Required knowledge of using proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Machine blueprint reading and panel building
- Power Transmission componentry and pneumatics experience.
- Advanced mechanical / electrical skills.
- Occasionally working near hot equipment and / or materials.
- Occasionally push-pull, lift/carry 10-100 pound.
- Job requires extensive physical activity to include:
o heavy lifting, climbing ladders, heights, occasionally squat or crawl
o simple & firm grasping with fine manipulating with both hands,
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
- Willing to work flexible hours, shifts, and weekends when needed.
Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- 10 paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 7,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide