Starting your career as an Analyst in the Equity Capital Markets group of the Investment Bank, you will be a key player in the execution of the firm's business. You will work with expert professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank. Senior bankers will get to know you - both as a person and as a valued member of a winning team. You will experience training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities. You will use your related experience to contribute to the firm's capital raising capabilities while helping build J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. Joining here means you’ll become part of our inclusive teams and culture, unified by the firm’s mission and commitment to success.
- Execute public capital raising transactions for issuer clients, including IPOs and follow-on offerings
- Assist senior bankers in preparation for client engagement, such as pitches and RFPs
- Liaise with other internal teams including industry coverage, sales and trading, syndicate, equity research and legal
- Prepare thought pieces related to the equity capital markets and diversified industries sector
- Drive analysis for issuer clients, including precedent transactions and shareholder targeting
- Draft presentation materials and internal committee memorandums in advance of launching transactions
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Prior work experience in an investment banking front office, or related, role preferred
- Strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing skills.
- A well-rounded academic background from a top tier educational institution.
- Understanding of the transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Impeccable communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other line of business.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team environment
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
ABOUT THE TEAM
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Investment banking is about more than offering industry-leading advice and financial expertise. Teams serve clients by building long-term, trusted partnerships that put their needs first. The world’s largest corporations, institutions and governments rely on the in-depth industry knowledge and market insights provided, knowing their goals are our top priority.