Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Gene Therapy Process Development, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
BioTherapeutics Development-API group within Janssen R&D, focuses on process development from Phase 1 through commercialization. You will join the team responsible for development and technology transfer of manufacturing processes of viral vectors, viral vaccines and/or gene therapy products.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams, responsible for development of efficient and robust production processes for viral therapeutics and gene therapies.
- Design and execute experiments to develop and optimize the process conditions and parameters to produce live virus vectors.
- Provide technical leadership to others and make decisions that set direction for a project.
- Collaborate with internal and external organizations to support technical transfer activities and provide on-the-floor support for drug substance manufacturing.
- Work in a team environment as well as contribute individually to meet project timeline and objectives
- A PhD in Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry with 2 years of relevant experience OR MS with at least 6-8 years of relevant experience OR a BS with at least 10 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with gene therapy and viral vaccine process development, including adherent cell culture and/or live virus purification (i.e., AAV, HSV, MVA) is preferred
- Experience developing procedures and transferring of the processes to cGMP facility is preferred.
- Familiarity with or hands-on experience with analytical methods typically used to characterize viral vectors is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to present findings to management is required.
- Demonstrated ability to network and build partnerships with internal, and external partners is required
- Experience with team-based collaborations is required
- This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)