Men’s Wearhouse and Jos A Bank deliver some of the most compelling and innovative tailored clothing in the market, and increasingly are relying on data and analytics to drive decision making. We are seeking a Director of Merchandise Analytics—who will be part of the fast-growing Strategy & Analytics team—to help drive that trend forward through merchandising, pricing and promotion strategies. You will be responsible for working with the GMMs and other merchandising leadership to use insights and analytics to optimize our pricing strategies, assortment choices, and inventory purchase decisions. You will drive insights creation from existing analytical output, assess implications for the business, and work with the merchandising and planning teams to create tactical action plans. You will also work with the merchandising and planning teams to develop hypotheses which can be informed through analytics, and you will identify well-posed data science questions that can be answered through targeted analyses. The ideal candidate is strong both in quantitative analysis and in working with teams to translate the insights from that analysis into impact for the business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with merchandising leaders to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and transform/map information from various large data sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases
- Answer complex business questions by using appropriate statistical and modeling techniques on available data or designing and running experiments to gather data
- Build and maintain division and style-level price elasticity and promotion response models to inform pricing and promotion strategy
- Develop algorithms to help inform and/or optimize decisions around initial ticket price, promotion planning and execution, and markdown timing and depth
- Explain complex modeling approaches in layman’s terms and work with cross-functional teams to interpret modeling results and business case impacts
- Design and build data visualizations and other solutions to empower self-serve analytics and enhance decision-making capabilities throughout the organization
- Ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business and customer behavior metrics
- Communicate results, insights and recommendations to senior merchandising leaders and business partners through both written and verbal channels, as well as establish periodic and regular communications to a wider audience.
- Be an evangelist in the company for the power of data-driven decision-making.
- Move easily between complex, technical activities and communicating insights to execs.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Persuasive verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional statistics and experimentation toolkit.
- Expertise working in Python or R.
- Expertise working in Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Have exceptionally high intellectual curiosity and work ethic.
- Have worked in high-growth e-commerce or consumer internet companies.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in merchandising, product, site and/or marketing analytics.
- 4+ years building and leading high-performing teams of analysts and/or data scientists.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, economics, econometrics, computer science, engineering or statistics.
02098A Corporate Office 6100 Stevenson Blvd Fremont 94538-2453
Strategy & Analytics
Tailored Shared Services