This announcement will be used to fill a part-time 31 hour/week evening shift vacancy in the Human Services Technician classification at the Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf. This position is open for qualified bidders and for all qualified job seekers simultaneously.
This job is first open to employees of this agency who are in the Human Services Technician classification and are eligible to bid. Other qualified applicants will be considered if there are no eligible bidders.
THIS POSITION IS A 10-MONTH PER YEAR POSITION - SCHEDULE IS BASED ON THE SCHOOL CALENDAR
Provide supervision of student(s) in the residential area and other duties as assigned at the Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf.
Employees represented by AFSCME, Council 5 who are interested in bidding for the position should consult, Article 12, Vacancies, Filling of Positions, Section 6, Eligibility for Bidding, of their negotiated agreement.
- Ability to read and write English sufficient to understand and follow directions and to maintain records and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in conversational sign language (to be assessed prior to offer of hire).
- Human relations skills sufficient to establish rapport with and provide direction to residential students.
- Must be able to walk/stand for at least eight hours.
- Demonstrated knowledge in writing basic reports, do basic arithmetic, and read and interpret charts and graphs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to perform emergency procedures and personal safety techniques.
- Advanced ASL Skills
- Previous experience/background working with deaf/hard of hearing students.
- Demonstrated knowledge in therapeutic intervention, first aid/CPR.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- A criminal background check.
- Employees driving on MSA business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MSA’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Martina Hagen at email@example.com or 507-384-6603 or Patrick Wenum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-259-3639.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.