The Model/Anlys/Valid Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits
Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
We are looking for model risk manager and validator for validating Risk models, which includes Credit Risk, Structured Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk, Insurance and Pension models for assessing the adequacy of risk capital and estimated losses for regulatory or business requirements.
Our rigorous validations include the technical assessment of adequacy of the modeling data and assumptions, conceptual soundness and mathematical formulation, and model performance, as well as the assessment of using the model for regulatory and business applications. Responsibilities of this position include performing validation tests, discussing findings with internal and external stakeholders, writing validation reports, and managing model risk.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, computer science, etc.) with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Fewer years of relevant experience will be considered for candidates with higher academic qualifications and/or certifications such as a PhD, a second Master’s degree, CPA or CFA.
- Sound knowledge of Statistics, Regression Analysis and Economics theories.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of financial products, risk management, Basel/CCAR regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with colleagues.
- Solid writing skills. Publications in peer-reviewed journals are considered as good evidence.
- Programming skills: R, Python, Matlab, SQL, C/C++, Excel/VBA.
- Curiosity, diligence, and a healthy skepticism about received wisdom are all desirable.
- Team work and commitment a must.
All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.