Job Title: Research Fellow
Status: Full-time Job Requisition#: 20-029
Dept. Endocrinology Position Open Date: April 21,2020
Compensation: Commensurate with qualification and experience
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· PhD in Bioinformatics or Biomedical Sciences
· 2-3 years experience working in bioinformatics
· Proficiency with Python and R
· Demonstrated track record on developing pipelines for bioinformatics analysis
· Proficient writing and presentation skills
Description of Duties
· Use existing online tools to analyze next-gen sequencing data including large and small RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, MedIP-seq, etc.
· Develop new annotation pipelines for customized analyses of the next-gen sequencing data, e.g., polyA length analyses, 3’ or 5’ UTR length analyses, non-A contents in polyA tails, etc.
· Manage all of the next-gen sequencing data collected by three individual projects within the P50 center, including data transfer from the sequencing companies or core labs, data storage, data backup and security, data deposition into NIH database, etc.
· Train the lab personnel on well-established pipelines for routine bioinformatics analyses.
· Generate publication quality figures and tables based on data from bioinformatics analyses.
· Participate in writing, revising manuscripts involving bioinformatic data.
· Other duties as may be assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off