Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Sales Systems Architect reporting to the Director of Sales Operations & Enablement, on the Employer Team here in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will provide all sales systems support. This includes improving, operationalizing, and adding both data and technologies to Handshake's existing sales infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work alongside Data Analysts, Product & Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Security and customer service to build efficient and scalable solutions across the entire company. You will also assist with the procurement, implementation, management, automation, and roll out of new systems and enterprise software for the sales organization. Ultimately, you're responsible for ensuring that Handshake's rapidly growing sales team has the right internal & external tools they need to be successful.
- Creating Salesforce integrations, custom report types, calculated fields, and workflows to make Salesforce a painless CRM of choice
- Integrating internal data sets, bots, and/or workflow triggers across different SaaS applications to make work more efficient for a scaling sales organization
- Cleansing, appending, importing & exporting data between a Data Warehouse and key SaaS systems
- Designing well thought out database schemas
- Helping to identify, plan and execute on projects, processes, or tools that drive stronger data tracking and analysis. This includes interpreting business requirements, providing accurate estimates, and meeting deadlines on deliverables
- Driving projects and QA processes that enable data cleanliness across systems. This includes establishing data governance rules to ensure data integrity and architecture
- Providing systems, data, and/or software recommendations when planning revenue related growth initiatives
- Automating processes, eliminating redundancy, and improving efficiency within our sales process without sacrificing end-user experience
- Managing various SaaS contractors and vendors that externally support a growing sales team.
You'll work with these technologies:
- Salesforce (Our CRM)
- Looker (Our BI/analytics platform)
- Snowflake (Our Datawarehouse)
- Various Sales Productivity Platforms (Gong.io, Mixmax.com, DiscoverOrg, etc)
- Other tools you would like to implement!
- Detailed understanding of Salesforce CRM core application architecture, as well as integrated applications such as CPQ, Netsuite, DocuSign, and Marketo
- Used SQL, data loaders or other integration/exporting tools in a business environment
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- Possess keen business insights and project management skills, with a strong bias towards a data-driven decision-making process
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Worked on a Marketing automation tool such as Hubspot or Marketo
- CS/IT background or similar (tech bootcamp alumni are welcomed)
- Previously worked in an HR related business
- You have a love for new technology and are on top of the latest trends regarding enterprise SaaS solutions.
- You have strong empathy for sales reps
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.