Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden is seeking an energetic and dedicated part time housekeeper for our community. Some responsibilities will include keeping the community clean and safe for residents, staff and visitors, as well as laundering towels, bed linens, cleaning resident apartments and resident personal laundry.
- Maintains a clean laundry room in an orderly manner and stores chemicals in accordance with product or supervisor instruction
- Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of bio hazardous waste
- Thoroughly cleans all assigned resident apartments as scheduled by supervisor
- Cleans bathrooms completely: swabs toilet bowl, cleanses sinks and bathtubs, wipes counter-tops, cleans mirrors, and sterilizes floors
- Vacuums all exposed areas completely, including edges
- Empties and rinses (if necessary) wastebaskets
- Cleans kitchen area completely: wipes counters and under objects, mops kitchen floor
- Washes inside of windows as needed
- Dusts flat surfaces that are uncluttered and demonstrates care of residents' belongings
- Cleans all common areas according to standards and practices including elevators, halls, landings, stairs, resident activity areas, lobbies, and model units and cleans other flat surfaces as scheduled or requested by supervisor
- Maintains housekeeping and laundry carts in a clean and orderly manner
- Washer/dryer (commercial or residential).
- Wet/dry vacuum.
- Housekeeping and laundry carts.
- Chemical cleaning supplies.
- Window squeegee
- Buckets on wheels
- Trigger pray bottles
- Dust pans, brooms and mops.
- Scrub brush; scouring pads.
- Demonstrates appropriate physical stamina to assist or lift residents when needed and in emergencies
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!