Research Intern – Machine Learning (PhD)
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Artificial Intelligence Center
New York, New York
Samsung is building a new, forward-looking AI Research lab located in New York, NY, that will conduct fundamental research at the intersection of AI, robotics, and neuroscience. Our team is composed of world experts who collaborate with leading academic groups to create both innovative theories and state-of-the-art technological demonstrations that engender pioneering products and applications for Samsung Electronics over both long and short time scales. We are currently seeking individuals who share our passion and motivation to advance fundamental science and create revolutionary technological prototypes. Team members will have the intellectual freedom to cultivate their research roots by partnering with universities and publishing in leading scientific conferences and journals.
The Samsung AI Center in New York works on projects in reinforcement learning, computer vision, robot learning, multimodal sensory processing, 3D reconstruction – the list goes on. Research Interns will develop and test algorithms to solve problems in these areas, working closely with Research Scientists and Research Engineers to conduct state-of-the-art machine learning research. Interns will be given significant ownership and independence in project selection and direction, and will contribute directly to the ongoing long-term projects at the Center.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with designing, developing and testing machine learning algorithms.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following:
- C, C++, Python, and/or functional programming languages.
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Motivation to learn and expand knowledge of AI and machine learning.
Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.